CrazyBoards.org

Introduction

Hi all,

I'm new here. I have BP 1, and am looking for support. It can be a lonely world when no one understands your illness.

I have 4 kids. My first major mania happened when my twins were 3 months old. My oldest daughter was only 22 months then, and my son was 7. My husband was in school getting a physics degree so was very busy. I slowly (then rapidly) went off the deepend. My son finally called 911 and told them his mom had gone crazy ;) That was last March, and I'm starting to learn what it means to live with this disorder. The mania is completely gone, but I have major anxiety and a pretty steady level of depression. I cope, but BP sucks big time.

Hi Camelia, welcome aboard!

Being newly diagnosed and trying to learn the ropes can be fairly disconcerting. Feel free to post, if you need help PM any of the mods.

I strongly urge you to buy, beg, borrow or steal a copy of The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide, by Miklowitz. You can get it locally or thru Amazon.

don't give up!

a.m.

Hi Camelia, welcome aboard!

Being newly diagnosed and trying to learn the ropes can be fairly disconcerting. Feel free to post, if you need help PM any of the mods.

I strongly urge you to buy, beg, borrow or steal a copy of The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide, by Miklowitz. You can get it locally or thru Amazon.

don't give up!

a.m.

Thanks for the book reccomendation. I will be sure to find it.

I will never give up (even if I feel like it at times). Thanks for the encouragement.

Welcome!

Hope you like it here.

Also BPI here.

Any help you need there is a help link in the top right of most pages.

And you can pm most any mod or admin for help as well.

Be aware of the busy holiday weekend though.

I know I will be bogged down with turkey duty.

BAH!

I also moved this thread down to the Introduction Forum from the Bipolar Forum.

Sorry bout that.

Welcome again!

Archived