CrazyBoards.org

Today I titrated up to my Lamictal goal dosage

I saw my doctor yesterday and we decided to make the last jump from 150 mg to 200 mg of Lamictal. I took it this morning for the first time. I've had rapid cycling with each increase, so we decided to get the last increase out of the way, skipping the 175 mg increase. We figured I am going to cycle regardless so lets try to make it only one last time.

In between some highs, lows and mixed episodes I have been feeling really good on Lamictal. I am amazed at the lack of anxiety, agitation and suicidal thoughts. I am have been feeling calm and patient and the desire to take more sedating meds like benzos or a hit of Seroquel in the afternoon is gone. I am enjoying my awake time.

There is a small blotchy patch on my arm which I am to keep an eye on, but my GP is fairly sure it's just a benign rash. I have very sensitive skin and am prone to rashes, so we are not going to jump to conclusions unnecessarily.

Here is hoping that this is the right cocktail. I feel positive about this. ;)

Thanks Camellia! ;)

Lamictal sure beats Lithium or Depakote for side effects IMO. You're only on 2 meds I see. I'm also on Seroquel and Gabapentin. It could be that Lamictal is fine and you need to augment with something else. Maybe you should talk to your pdoc about it. I wouldn't be ok on just Lamictal.

Dee

Hey Dee, hope it's gonna be good

I went up to 400 mg, had cognitive problems and tremors, lack of balance etc., so back to 350, then back to 300 and am now at 250. It'd be nice to level out there. Pdoc says I'm doing better. (depacote is in the mix there. I think I'd like to ditch that- find out if Lamictal is as good a monotherapy as they say it is.)

Lamictal has been so helpful for alot of people, good luck to you!

i'm at 300 and i think that is my happy dose.

i thought lamictal was supposed to help rapid cyclers? it has helped me so much that they couldn't pry it from my dead, cold fingers.

good luck with it! i hope it treats you as well as it has treated me-

loon

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I really like Lamictal. I also think it is the stuff for me. The titrating SUCKS HARD so I just won't ever go off again unless it is life or death. It definitely gives me a bump in teh first few days of upping the dose, but for me it is short lived.

Good luck Dee - I hope this works for you!

Thanks all,

This last (unless I need more) jump to the therapeutic dose gave me one hell of a migraine yesterday and it's still with this morning. I had a migraine with each increase but after a day or two it goes away.

I have not had any cycling yet with this increase though. Maybe now that it is at a MS level it won't happen.

Lamictal really does kick depression in the ass. The titration felt like forever. I think it was about 6 weeks. I feel like it was worth the wait though. After the start up side effects with the increases, it seems to have no side effects aside from maybe some cognitive impairment, but I'm pretty used to that by now. I have no plans for any Masters degrees in my future and I am sure my next job will likely be on par with a Starbucks barrista anyways. ;)

Thanks AM. I know the migraine will be gone by tomorrow. It's lessened a bit this morning with a few painkillers. It's a weird, specific kind of migraine that effects the whole head including over the eyes, the back of the neck and extreme light sensitivity. I've never had a headache quite like it, which is how I know it's the Lamictal.

That being the only start up effect though, it sure beats starting most of the other meds I have been though, including antidepressants which I found took weeks to adjust to.

Archived