CrazyBoards.org

feeling hopeless again

man I don't know why I get like this. I want to stop taking my meds and I already left a message stating that at my pdoc office but my doc refuses to call me back. She said it could wait until my thursday appointment but I cancelled that appointment so that she will call me back. This is just too much.

Erika

You are thinking of stopping your meds? That can't be good! It is also bad that your pdoc isn't calling you. Pdocs are there to keep you stable and avoid hospitalization!

I think you should call the office and stress that you feel like you need to speak with your pdoc and it is very important- you stopped taking your meds and know that if you go on like this, you WILL end up in the hospital. Maybe you should threaten to switch doctors? I'm not sure if this tactic would work or not!

In any event, you should go to the pdoc appointment (reschedule), even if it is to tell her you are not happy with her decision to not call you.

And Erika, I can tell by your posts that you cycle very rapidly! Just in your posts it is obvious you need your pdoc to help find better meds for you. You don't have to suffer and don't have to be alone. Your pdoc should be your closest champion in making sure you get what you need to live a normal life.

I hope it is just that your pdoc doesn't get that this is really important and that she isn't being a stupid cow. If she IS being stupid, then you should probably switch pdocs!!! Lack of compassion is not what you need to get well!

I know that I cycle rapidly, I hate it. one min I'm happy the next Im crying. I can't stop crying now. I was crying when I called the dr. office. I cancelled on thursday so that she might see that she has to call me back or she won't be able to talk to me. I told the receptionist that i'm stopping the seroquel and the zoloft. I told her that I am prepared to deal with what might happen but that I'm at my witts end and I have to speak to the dr. The receptionist said that she would talk to my doc and see if she might call back. We'll see how it goes. I hope that something happens soon because I just can't take it and I don't know who to call forhelp.

plus I have left a message that my job is on the line and she knows that this is my only income. Things would really be bad at home if I lost my job. I can't stand to look in the mirror anymore and none of my clothes fit me anymore. I can only wear these sweat pants that I have.

I agree 100% with Loon-A-TiK. you are going through a really hard time with rapid cycling, but it will get much worse if you stop your meds. I know Thursday can seem like forever.  can you keep your appointment with your current doctor (rescheduled) while perhaps looking for another doctor? does your insurance company have a referral helpline you can call, telling them you need to see a doctor today or tomorrow, or you'll end up in the hospital? (the insurance company really wants to prevent any hospitalizations, so perhaps they know of pdocs who are on call.) TU have anything to at least slow down the intensity? maybe the Xanax (if you are allowed to titrate it yourself)?

I am sorry you are feeling so badly, and if there's anything we can do to help you, shout out.  We will be here.  We are hoping those horrible surges  will slow down soon.

and I'm sure you look great no matter what the scales say.

no actually, it was more of an emergency than I thought. I was very suicidal at that point. I didn't threaten to find another dr. but I did cancell the thursday appointment because I felt that since I have lowered my meds that I was losing it. She did call me back, she is calling in a script for topamax. We'll see how it goes.

I didn't even think about taking some damn xanax, the bottle is right here. I'm so dumb now I don't know what the damn topamax will do to me

hey erika

we really don't know eachother that well but I have very often read your posts and wished to offer support, but sometimes not knowing how to.  I think that we both have very similar problems with our docs not really wanting to listen to *us* about what we think about certain meds/treatment.... if that makes any sense.  So...yeah...just wanted to say that I am here for support if ya need anything, along with many others.

~Ophelia

PS: make sure to watch yourself with the Topamax b/c of what you said before...

hmmm, bad memory, what was it that I said before lol. about the topamax that is.

anyway, I already talked to my bo/gyn and they are switching me to a progesterin based pill so that it won't interfere.

about the not listening. I gave my doc a list of meds that I might try and I told her that I wanted to try keppra and she said that it's not a good mood stabilizer and she doesn't want me to try it. I don't know, kassiane loved it.

don't know,

Erika

hmmm, bad memory, what was it that I said before lol. about the topamax that is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, I was just refering to the whole topamax, the pill, and the ovarian cysts thing you mentioned... thats all!

later,

~Ophelia

Archived