CrazyBoards.org

hi guys.

My p-doc recently showed me a study demonstrating efficacy and lkack of side effects with higher doses of abilify.

We are now reducing my seroquel dose gradually and have increased my abilify dose.

Anyone else out there on more than 30mg abilify? Im on 60, and the records show up to 90 can be used safely, with 45 becoming a more common phenomenon.

Chimpmaster,

Would you please keep us apprised on how you do with the increase? DD's PDoc refused to go above 30 mg. a day saying that studies show basically no advantage to go past 15 mg./day. This was over a year ago, though. Could you refer me to a copy of that study?

In our case, Seroquel is so much more effective than the 30 mg. of Abilify ever was. Let me clarify, it didn't help enough with the hallucinations. On the other hand, Abilify's only serious side effect for dd was anxiety and other "activating" symptoms.

Wow, I really hope this works for you. Do you mind if I ask why you are going down on the Seroquel? I'd thought it was doing a good job for you.

Take care,

DMF

Chimpmaster,

Would you please keep us apprised on how you do with the increase? DD's PDoc refused to go above 30 mg. a day saying that studies show basically no advantage to go past 15 mg./day. This was over a year ago, though. Could you refer me to a copy of that study?

In our case, Seroquel is so much more effective than the 30 mg. of Abilify ever was. Let me clarify, it didn't help enough with the hallucinations. On the other hand, Abilify's only serious side effect for dd was anxiety and other "activating" symptoms.

Wow, I really hope this works for you. Do you mind if I ask why you are going down on the Seroquel? I'd thought it was doing a good job for you.

Take care,

DMF

DMF

Seroquel has been good to me with the exception of two things - weight gain and sedation. I feel tired most afternoons and need a nap. Im not fully functional in a normal sense. When I see p-doc in 3 weeks Ill try and get a copy of the study.

FYI this is my first morning on 60mg abilify and I feel fantastic today. So much more alert. Lets hope this continues ;)

By the way VE, thats a lot of reading! I'll get a copy of this study and scan it when I get a chance.

Cheers

Chimp

Good luck with it Chimpmaster, I'm glad that you are feeling better. My p-doc wouldn't let me go above 30mgs a day even though I felt like I could have benefitted from a larger dose - 30mgs only does so much.

Any how

take care and keep us informed of your progress

blackbird x

Archived