I need a therapist bad!

I went to my mom's old therapist starting in the summer. She was great! She knew my family history before hand. And tested where my depression, ocd, and social phobia was. She made me do "homework" and read books.

Well she sent us a letter saying she's very sick and quitting. Now I don't know where to look. Does anybody know of any good therapists in Illinois?

Sorry you are losing a good therapist.

I'm surprised that she did not make a couple recomendations for other therapists. I think it is the duty of a concentious practitioner to do so. Maybe she is just too ill.

If you have a pdoc, ask him, or your pcp. I also recommend asking the nurses at your various doctors offices. They know all the dirt on the doctors and who the good ones are. That's how I found my pdoc.

a.m.

She left 2 recmendations.. but I don't like them.. The man Brent he didn't get into my family problems, he just talked about how I didn't clean my room, and the way I dressed. My mom didn't care for him either.

Then she left Louanne.. I didn't like her, she never tried to help me. She just sat there.

Archived