CrazyBoards.org

Now Up From 10mg to 20mg on Adderall

now i'm supposed to take 20mg in the morning and no other doses for the rest of the day. i wonder if i'll even feel the increase. before you know it i'll be on 40mg of the stuff.

it is weird- i have a problem at work (i work at a gas station) because i can't focus on what i'm doing and i make all kinds of mistakes. on the other hand, one of the reasons i make mistakes is because i'm nervous. so it seems like i need adderall and klonopin, which i think would counteract each other. my pdoc told me i can take them both, but to space them apart. i'm a bit confused, but ok, i'll do it, whatever.

he was reluctant to give me adderall but we decided to give it a go and see what happens. the ADD is a huge problem and we're hoping to be able to treat it at least somewhat.

edited to ask- how long is adderall supposed to last anyway? if i take it at 2 for my shift starting at 3 and i work until 11, will i be crashing during work? that would really suck.

edited to ask- how long is adderall supposed to last anyway? if i take it at 2 for my shift starting at 3 and i work until 11, will i be crashing during work? that would really suck.

I might have missed this if you mentioned it earlier on a different thread, but are you taking IR or XR?

hello! hope it works at bigger dose.

i tried 10 and got nothing.

then one day i was so impatient that i took 10 one hour, another 10 the next hour and so on till i reached 40mg.

big mistake! the right side of my face was numb and burning. it scared me even though i had researched how much people take. i wasn't scared to try 40.

had energy, no focus so the energy was all over the place. it kinda made me see how much i need to do to straighten out my life. on adderall, i want to do all of it!

decided to stay away from new meds until next year. i actually feel quite normal right now. i hate to say that out loud in case i jinx it!

let us know how it goes!

best of everything, kathy

i work until 11, so i hope enough of it will be cleared so i can sleep restfully.

i have that surgery tomorrow at 1:30 and i'm a little freaked about it, so i may not sleep anyway. i've been told to have a light breakfast, but to eat something-

kathy- thanks for the heads-up so i don't go taking too much adderall! i was considering just taking some until i felt it, but that is a good warning. i'd feel it alright!

i'm thinking of asking my pdoc if we can rely on lamictal for mood control and ditch the risperdal so the adderall can work. this add needs to be treated!

so here i go. let's hope that 20mg works.

i take my 20mg Adderall in the am with wb and lamictal. i take klonopin at night and when i need it during the day. i'm trying not to use adderall and klonopin at the same time- it just seems to me logically that they would counteract each other, but i have no idea really.

no wonder i'm not feeling the adderall- not only am i on risperdal too, but i'm also taking a low dose.

i have an appointment with the pdoc on monday, so we can discuss how the adderall is going. i'll probably just get a dose increase.

when i say i don't feel it, i mean i don't feel it. i could be taking sugar pills for all i know. i'm not jittery, i'm not focused, i'm not anything different than usual.

i asked about that. he said that if we had to go any higher on the adderall that he'd rather not because of my antipsychotic risperdal and the possibility of psychosis when mixed with adderall, so he'd want to try a different drug at that point.

the 30mg helps, but doesn't totally do the trick. i don't know if it is my cognitive dulling that is due to my MI, my meds, or the focus issues.

like learning the cash register from hell...

Archived