Weird Knee Pain and Cramping

hiya-

i get this horrible pain in my knees and legs that sometimes even wakes me up out of my risperdal+klonopin coma at night or in the morning. it hurts so bad, and i just don't know what to do about it. i don't know what it is or why it is happening, it just started within the past week or two. my legs and/or knees suddenly lock up and then that's when they hurt.

does anyone have any idea of what i'm talking about?

I don't know if this is your case and you may need to see a doctor blah blah.

But I have what I call "depression pains." Pains that have nothing to do with anything but depression manifesting itself physically. So there is no injury and no known physical problem.

I used to have what I called a phantom hamstring injury. When I used to have more energy I was into powerlifting but still was somewhat depressed. I would do squats, leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts no problem. It was just a phantom pain.

Right now I have a stiff left knee. Sometimes it will be a pain in my collar bone area going up into my neck. When I'm really stressed the muscles in my face hurt.

Again, not sure if that's your problem. And stress can bring these things on. They usually come and go.

how are your potassium and magnesium levels? any time i get muscle cramps regularly for a bit, i always need potatoes and dark greens.

i eat spinach salad and mashed potatoes every night for a few days and the cramps go away ;) they also sell supplements that are potassiuma nd magnesium combined that would probably help if that's the problem.

abi

I don't know if this is your case and you may need to see a doctor blah blah.

But I have what I call "depression pains." Pains that have nothing to do with anything but depression manifesting itself physically. So there is no injury and no known physical problem.

I used to have what I called a phantom hamstring injury. When I used to have more energy I was into powerlifting but still was somewhat depressed. I would do squats, leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts no problem. It was just a phantom pain.

Right now I have a stiff left knee. Sometimes it will be a pain in my collar bone area going up into my neck. When I'm really stressed the muscles in my face hurt.

Again, not sure if that's your problem. And stress can bring these things on. They usually come and go.

Wow. I get that collarbone pain, too!!!

i'll try all this, and also consider that it could just be phantom pain.

it could be a med side effect even, even though i didn't have a med change when this started. since it started i've added adderall, but that was after it already started.

off to the healthfood store i go!

• 3 weeks later...

i'm wondering if i have arthritus or something because my knees are almost unbendable, especially during work, and when i'm trying to sit cross-legged. sometimes i can barely, and with a lot of pain, move my legs into a straight position.

i have to take ibuprofen during every work shift because my knees hurt so badly, even though i'm on a shock-resisting, padded mat. i have to stand there and bend my knees up a few times here and there, and straighten them out again.

my mom thinks it's arthritus. is this possible? i'm only 28.

i should probably try the dietary approach before heading to the doctor for some x-rays (you can see arthritus in x-rays, right?)

loon

Archived