CrazyBoards.org

Woke up this morining and my car was gone. Magically my parking hangtag has disappeared. So I had to pay $100 towing and $100 to replace hang tag. Guess thats what I get for being poor and single. Wouldnt be surprised if the shit gets stolen again tonight. Sucks to me the devil. I really feel like my life is a punishment from the world..I wanna cut, took anothr clonipan to calm down

i'd say let the police know that you do have a permit and that you've had a problem with theft. depending on how big your community is and the police force there, they may or may not pay attention to y our alert.

it isn't worth getting that upset or cutting over. the car was retrieved and the pass replaced. heck, that's more than i could afford! i'd try to bribe them wtih the $.33 i have in my checking account right now until my ssdi hits!

when i first moved to this area about 5 years ago, my brother and i were moving my stuff in from my u-haul. i parked it on the street overnight, not even reading the signs that said that vehicals parked on the street between certain hours would get towed. when we went out to the uhaul in the morning to unpack the rest of teh stuff, it was gone! they actually towed my u-haul! welcome to the community i guess! what a way to start off my stint here. lol

Wow. If you were allowed to park where you were, I would have raised hell.

I used to work for a company that managed parking lots, and if you were a monthly customer of ours who got towed (even if it was because you lost your flippin' tag or left it in your other car or something clearly your fault), we would pay the bill for you.

But I know what it's like to just not be able to do that, even, so I understand if you don't want to or if whoever manages your parking lots is draconian and complaining wouldn't be worth it.

Having my car towed is a constant nightmare of mine. Probably because it's probably always a possibility. I don't pay parking tickets and I also don't pay parking meters. Haha. I have hundreds of dollars in parking tickets in cities across the nation. ;) I have maybe $200 worth here, so I'm constantly afraid that they'll see I'm not paying them and decide to tow it instead.

I parked in the apartment garage that I pay $65/month for and the apt manager is an asshole who simply said that its in the lease that a replacement tag is $100 whether it gets stolen or not, and I showed her the tow bill and she could give a fuck. After I handed her my check I turned and walked out disgusted. And she said "thank You, Have a nice day" to the back of my ass. Bitch ;)

becca's right- good customer service and actual politeness would not have killed them. you shouldn't have been towed in the first place. i think they should have a list of permit holders.

once i got a ticket because my window sticker that says i'm allowed to park on my street (a sticky) had fallen off. i took my ticket to the station, they looked it up and saw i had a pass, and took back my ticket.

another time i either lost my permit or it got stolen and i got a ticket, and that time too they took away my ticket.

the only time i ever got anything towed was teh dreaded u-haul incident (and it was like $175, 5 years ago, to get the damned thing back, and then late fees from u-haul!) lol NOW it is funny, but back when it happened i was so furious.

Archived