CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Elvis

Biotene Dry Mouth Produts

I found the xylotil (sweetener) taste too strong in all the Biotene products I used. I think I had the spray and the mouthwash.

I found the xylotil (sweetener) taste too strong in all the Biotene products I used. I think I had the spray and the mouthwash.

I started using Biotene instead of Listerine after I got my toungue piercing (it's alcohol free and better for the piercing) and I definitely agree. I try to cut the mouthwash with water because it's so sweet.

I keep the spray on my nightstand so that when I wake up choking on my dry throat tissues I can fix it without having to stagger off to the bathroom and disturb my already tenuous sleep.

I love Biotene. My dentist recommend it . And he advice. Both of them help my mouth care very well . I recommend both of them . Also you can use toothbrush . It is very effective  

I know this is a super old thread, but my pdoc had me try peppermint essential oil in his office. Just one drop on your tongue (like turn the bottle over with your finger as the stopper and then touch your tongue) is instantly effective and much cheaper than Biotene. 

I was pretty amazed because I usually don't go for that whole "natural cures" stuff. Give me the chemicals. But this one works.

I'm eventually looking at dentures.  I may go ahead and do it this year but I really hate going to the dentist.  

I tried everything over the counter with little help.

my pdoc started me on a med called Bethanocol and it works great.  It is supposed to stop the side effect of dry mouth of a few meds.

i take 2 in the am and one in the afternoon. Sorry but I can’t recall the doseages.