CrazyBoards.org

new to topamax and a little scared

I'm sure that most of you already know my story but incase you don't then I'll make it short.

seroquel 25mg

zoloft 100mg

wellbutrin SR 150 BID

lunest 3mg

xanax 1mg prn

Now I called my pdoc today totally out of control. I was so pissed off about gaining all of this weight that I had reached my witts end. She finally calls me back and I'm steadily crying of course and she could see that I meant business. I told her that I had already lowered my dose of zoloft to 50mg and I don't know but that could have been what led me to crying and being all upset, who knows.

Anyway, she says that I should stay at the 50mg and not go lower yet, stay on all other meds and she is going to add in 50mg of topamax which I can increase as time goes on.

I read from Jerod "you don't experience flat-out rage, intense and frequent d

I'm sure that most of you already know my story but incase you don't then I'll make it short.

seroquel 25mg

zoloft 100mg

wellbutrin SR 150 BID

lunest 3mg

xanax 1mg prn

Now I called my pdoc today totally out of control. I was so pissed off about gaining all of this weight that I had reached my witts end. She finally calls me back and I'm steadily crying of course and she could see that I meant business. I told her that I had already lowered my dose of zoloft to 50mg and I don't know but that could have been what led me to crying and being all upset, who knows.

Anyway, she says that I should stay at the 50mg and not go lower yet, stay on all other meds and she is going to add in 50mg of topamax which I can increase as time goes on.

I read from Jerod "you don't experience flat-out rage, intense and frequent d

I already have trouble finding words, spelling is bad too. I used to spell like a champ and now I can hardly spell my own name lol. I haven't even started the topamax yet. I think I'm going to take it tonight about an hour before bed, just to see what happens. I don't want to be alone when I take it.

Erika

Erika, have you ever taken any other mood stabilizers?  When you were talking about rapid cycling in your other post I noticed you didn't seem to be taking any.  I thought that was a real no no for BP's if you are taking AD's.  So maybe this new addition will be just the thing you need to level out.  Best of Luck, Sulu

yes sulu I've tried depakote and seroquel which are supposed to be mood stabilizers. I also tried lamictal. nothing has worked so for that didn't make me fat. I really liked depakote but I was gaining too much weight on it.

Guest Guest

You can only find out so much through other peoples experiences and I bet you've read loads about the drugs already?

Check rememdyfind.com see what hundreds of people thought about it there..

The best and only way is to try it, no one else can take it for you and everyone reacts so differently...Try and take it when you know you've got a good few hours spare time that way you can see how it effects you and hey you may even like it!

good luck

thanks guys. I took my first dose last night. I took 25mg. I didn't notice anything right off but today my diet pepsi tasted like shit. I'm drinking lots of water and giving up on sodas. Other than that, nothing else has happened. I might go up to 50mg in a few days.

Thanks for the help everyone,

Erika

Archived