CrazyBoards.org

Stashing benzos

For some reason I like to have a big stash of benzos at my disposal, I order the prescriptions then keep the pills stashed away for emergency times, I currently have 45 oxazepam, 18 diazepam, 4 Librium from yonks ago and 92 Zimovanes stashed (yes, I'm a sad sick cow who counts her pills) not to mention over 80 Haldols. I keep them stashed away for a rainy day or whenever the thought might come into my head to harm myself as it did last year when I took 3 pretty pointless overdoses of Zimovane and Librium last Christmas.

Does anyone else stash away meds for an emergency? It doesn't have to be solely benzos - any psych med will do.

blackbird x

i keep a nice stash of some of my meds, especially lamictal and zyprexa. i have enough lamictal for at least 4 months, and enough zyprexa for the same length of time. i do take lamictal now but not zyperxa. i also have a huge quantity of risperdal, which i take.

i used to have a lot of lexapro, but i gave it to my mom.

I stash all my old meds. As Dee said, there is something comforting about knowing they are there, just in case. I also feel very anxious if I'm running low on the ones I'm currently taking, but I think non MI people feel that way too.

I used to- whenever i'd change to a new med i keep the leftovers of the old. for a while there was something oddly comforting about having it. i finally decided that there was NOTHING comforting or helpful about having them. all it did was perpetuate me thinking about if when how many etc. i must say i felt a great sense of pride when i finally felt brave enough to flush them all (and i do mean all). there was a real sense of mastering a demon.

my current tdoc explained this to me in a way that really made sense to me- thinking about suicide is your minds way of avoiding what its really thinking. by the way- i never od'd again. i hope this can inspire someone.

Yes, but I don't know why. When I first went on them, my pdoc prescribed a higher dose than I ever ended up taking. I kept refilling the scripts even though I didn't use them. It's the only med I've done this with. I have no addiction problems and have never been suicidal, so I can't for the life of me figure out why I've stockpiled them like this.

I stash all my old meds. As Dee said, there is something comforting about knowing they are there, just in case. I also feel very anxious if I'm running low on the ones I'm currently taking, but I think non MI people feel that way too.

Ditto.

Keeping all my old meds even just helps me remember what I have taken before. I may not remember the name of a drug but I might remember what the pill looks like.

I stash everything away for that rainy day extra meds, money anything I think I might need some day just in case. At times I have had 2 bottles of klonipin three Xanax even $4000 in cash hid away it fluctuates up and down but always squirreling things away

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

About once a year my parents go through and clean out my med supply and move them to an undisclosed location (although they swear cross their hearts hope to die that they haven't disposed of them). Each time they do they take about a packing box full of pills away from me. I kid you not when I say a packing box. We're taking percocet, vicodin, seroquel, lithium, zyprexa,antibiotics, cough medicine with codine, darvocet, tylenol 3,topamax.....etc...etc...etc... you name it I've usually got it stashed somewhere. And thats not to mention all the bottles of ativan that I usually have at my disposal. You see I was prescribed to take the ativan to take on a daily basis but in reality I would take it on a rather infrequent PRN basis but would fill it as though I was taking it on a daily basis so I have bottles of ativan that have never even been opened. The psychiatrist finally caught onto that though so now I'm on Xanax.... alas no more ativan for me.

Archived