Sometimes I feel like I'm really drunk, even if I haven't had a single drop of alcohol.  This has been going on for a long time. Sometimes at some random point in the day, I'll feel kind of goofy and that my body is not my own.  Often it goes far enough cause dizziness and/or blurred vision. It almost always effects my ability to concentrate and get any work done and sometimes I'm afraid to drive.

Though it was going on before I ever started on Neurontin, it definitely gets worse if I take too much Neurontin in too short a time period.  I'm supposed to take 600mgs at bedtime but if I stay awake too long the world seems like a really weird place. Ditto on Trazodone.  Ironically, Percocet doesn't seem to make any difference at all. 

Blood pressure used to be low but it's been fine the last seveal times its been checked.  There is no other obvious cause, but one pharmacist said to watch out for too much phenergan.  I'm feeling it right now and I haven't had any phenergan at all today. 

Anyone else experience this?  Is it anything to be concerned about? 

Guest PinkToo2grrl

I felt like that during the first week or so of adding Welbutrin to the mix.  I think its a dopamine flood.  Of course, I could be wrong.  But, once my brain got used to it, it went away. 

Do you get these feelings when you haven't eaten for awhile?  I found that if my blood sugar dropped, it got worse.  Just a thought.

Funny you should post this.  This happened to me last night.  And it was hours after I had taken my meds.  It has to be the whole dopamine flood rush.  And I too get that whole...What if I get pulled over and the cops think I'm drunk?  I know you can get a DUI even if you haven't been drinking.  I've been told this by several people.  That's why they put those loverly stickers on our bottles that say...May Cause Drowsiness, Use Care When Operating A Car Or Dangerous Machinery.

I had my friend laughing online while we were chatting because I was so giggly and "drunk" so-to-speak.  The effects wore off in about an hour...but man...I was stoooopid.

So I KNOW what it's like.  Just be careful while you're driving...you certainly don't want a DUI because of your meds. ;)

Elizabeth

Archived