CrazyBoards.org

Benzo?

Firstly, I am freaking out so badly, so constantly I can only stay online for a max of 10 minutes before panic gets too much and I have to go outside again to walk round the garden to camn down. So here: http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14993 is my latest topic that explains what's going on.

My fiance is making me go to the gp tomorrow (I've become so agoraphobic I had cancelled my appointments and want to just stay home) and I was going to ask for something to help with this insane anxiety until my AD kicks back in. I am so highly anxious I am seriously suicidal and screaming inside.

Wondering what I should be asking for? Considering when my AD kicks back in I will be able to cope again benzo (or similar) free. Sorry if I'm not making sense. I'm feeling very confused and started to cry again.

Elly ;)

I see you've taken some benzos before. Which one worked best?

For me Xanax was the most effective one for pure panic.

To be honest I can't remember. I took them during a several-year hospital stint and my meds were being chopped and changed so frequently I was totally confused the whole time. I remember very little about that period of time, I just know I was on them for a while before being swapped on to chlorpromazine to zonk me out for a few months. So I am still confused!!!

There are so many benzos...

I think if the problem is pure panic, not generalized constant anxiety, something like Xanax would work. It can be a nasty med and withdrawal is hell. But it sure is better than what you seem to be going through.

Girlieeeee -

Don't matter what you take as long as you get well. Be kind to yourself. Honestly, I am not one for huge panic attacks, but my heart will literally double its beats at some points. Thing that kind of works is lying down either on my back or curled in a ball, and breathing deeply and slowly. I used to/ still kind of do sing, so I know all about lungs. Yogi's call it Ugai (NO CLUE how to spell this). Literally fill up your belly with air. Push the sides of you r lower back out. Fill your chest up w/o raising shoulders. Drop the breath down to your cocxis. How ever you spell that too.

Just make sure you check in every once in a while and make sure people know you are OK. No pressure.

And don't forget it's primarily your doctor's job to figure out what the best meds are for you. I'm not discouraging you from researching your options and even discussing those options with your doctor, but don't feel like you have to go in knowing what med you need. Just explain to your doctor as thoroughly as you can what's going on. It can be tough, but don't hold back because you're embarrassed or anything. Good luck!

Archived