CrazyBoards.org

just watched bicentennial man tonight and it was great. robin williams as a robot trying to learn how to be human. reminded me of watching someone explaining to us autistics how things work. being a robot he's all literal and formal.

abi ;)

I never saw the movie, but I have read the book. I'd say there's at least a 90% chance that I own a copy of it and that it's in a box in my closet somewhere. I read it a long time ago, though. I don't really remember what happened in which book and mix them up a lot. I have tons of his and read a lot of others I got from the library, and the same for Heinlein and Clarke and Niven and Herbert and so on. I inherited a few boxes worth of stuff when I was growing up from my uncle who had all sorts of good stuff from the 50s-70s, mostly, but wanted to pass them on. Uh, what was the question? Heh.

I never saw the movie, but I have read the book. I'd say there's at least a 90% chance that I own a copy of it and that it's in a box in my closet somewhere. I read it a long time ago, though. I don't really remember what happened in which book and mix them up a lot. I have tons of his and read a lot of others I got from the library, and the same for Heinlein and Clarke and Niven and Herbert and so on. I inherited a few boxes worth of stuff when I was growing up from my uncle who had all sorts of good stuff from the 50s-70s, mostly, but wanted to pass them on. Uh, what was the question? Heh.

i adore heinlein and asimov ;) clarke is fun and so is niven but i haven't read enough of both to keep them straight. i get all of theirs confused with one another, too. but i know heinlein and asimov well enough by now :) i'm not sure there WAS a question. i was just interested at how autistic like robots are in his books.

abi

Archived