CrazyBoards.org

My Trazodone has pooped out on me.....need sleep

Olivia,

I know that some people do raise their dosage of Trazadone but have read that it doesn't always help. You say you are taking Provigil, perhaps you can increase the Provigil, take a second dose during the day when you begin to lose energy? I realize that won't really help with the sleep directly.

Also, when did you begin the Wellbutrin? It does energize and seem activating for some people but I took Wellbutrin two or three times a day at one point and I didn't have any trouble sleeping at night, but as always YMMV. Is it possible to increase the Xanax? I have taken up to 2mg of Xanax at bedtime before in order to fall and stay asleep. I have taken some other benzos for sleep too but they did have a tendency to make me groggy in the morning and made it difficult to get up and get going. 

There are also the sleep aids like Ambien and the new Lunesta. I, like some other people, have taken Ambien and have had hallucinations if it is not taken right before you are ready to go to bed. I hope some others can give some advice and experience.

Erika 

Hi Olivia,

Like Erika said, Ambien is a good sleep aid. However you have to fall asleep fairly soon after you take it or you will have periods of time which are not accounted for. Pdoc said it is 'induced amnesia'.

Klonopin can help, but I have only been given small dosages....5 mg for sleep.

what about benadryl? would that help? I think it is safe to take with 'our kinda meds'.

Hope u find a solution

Selene

5mg of klonopin is not a very small dose at all, IMO and experience.

My bad. It was a typo that I didn't catch. What I meant to type was .5 mg. Sorry. Just offering my experiance to another person who finds sleep hard to come by.

Selene

Guest Guest

.5 mg. is not a small dose?  I thought it was.

Well, anyway, the pdoc this morning said to try taking two .5 mg. Klonopin with the Trazodone.  She didn't want to increase the Trazodone.

So, I'll give that a try.  I also have Ambien, just 15 tablets, to get me by if it doesn't work.  Then it'll be time for another appointment.

5mg of klonopin is not a very small dose at all, IMO and experience.

My bad. It was a typo that I didn't catch. What I meant to type was .5 mg. Sorry. Just offering my experiance to another person who finds sleep hard to come by.

Selene

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offense meant. I was thinking that olivia said she was taking 5mg not .5 mg. And I said that 5mg is not a small dose but is a prettty high dose of klonopin for anxiety, BP, or to help sleep. Klonopin dosages can be much higher for some Dxs. Maximum dosage is 20mg a day.

Erika

edit: congratulation on getting some help with sleep with upping the klonpin to 1mg at bedtime. Here's hoping that it will continue to help.

Guest PinkToo2grrl

my two cents...

1 mg of ativan/lorazepam and two benadryls did the trick for me for the longest time.  now of course its pooping out.  ambien used to knock me right out, but i'd be up 3-4 hours later WIDE awake and still tired.  lunesta knocked me out, but i think it interupted sleep cycles, because after 4 days of it i was as tired as if i hadn't slept.

going to be giving temazapam (restoril) a shot tonite and see if that helps.

Um, anyway, I posted mainly to say that I have never had a problem with benadryl, and as a matter of fact it helped when lots of other stuff didn't.  (someone up yonder mentioned benadryl)

Good luck!

To sleep, perchance to dream ...

Archived