CrazyBoards.org

Seroquel

Sorry guys, I can't keep my eyes open long enough to read the other threads about seroquel...but does it make anyone else feel like a walking freakin zombie...?

Somehow i'm supposed to leave for work, and drop my 4 year old off at school, without wrecking my car....is this "normal"?

I appreciate the advice...yeah I was very "hungover" this morning...i'm still pretty sluggish right now...by the time it wears off, it will be time to take it again...huh...but they did start me out on only 50 mg so I might eventually have to work up to 100....and I only take it at night thank goodness

Hi...I'm the same as Velvet Elvis...I cannot sleep any less than 8 to 10 hours, with my regular sleep every night being 9 hours and I also have to allow myself a certain amount of "laying there and working myself up to actually getting up" time. It just seems harder.

That hangover feeling, for me anyway, went away after being on it for a little while, though.

But so far, it seems like the benefits are worth the trouble. Hope it works for you, too.

Sallie

:)

Well I'm just wrapping up week 3 with Seroquel during which time I was tapered off Remeron and bumped from 25 mg of Seroquel to 50 mg. Pretty small potatoes, I gather, but it's working so far.

I still haven't found the magic time to pop my pills. I hate to miss the 11 pm comedy shows and, if I really like 'em, a repeat of the same shows at midnight ;) So I usually wait till the shows are nearly over which, of course, means the yelling on Price is Right can't even wake me up the next morning. (Do you think I watch too much TV? Do I care?)

Anyway, as I reported to my p-doc yesterday, my moods have been fairly constant - phew - unremarkable, but constant.

Is it too early to feel all kinds of non-specific anxiety about the holidays? :cussing:

Kenn

exception to the norm: i used to take it to help me sleep but i never felt sedated from it. It was more like relaxant that calmed me down enough to lay still. i don't have a problem sleeping, i have trouble sitting still. Zyprexa would knock me out for a day and leave me with a hang over the next day (thats 2 days wasted). It did give me some very vivid and strange dreams.

I was prescribed Seroquel as a sleep aid (75mg/day). I've found that to help sleep come at the right time and to not WASTE time, take it an hour to a half hour before you go to bed. Then, if you take it sooner, the sleepy effects wear off sooner and you can drive safely. I refuse to drive if I feel any sort of weird side effect, so I end up missing classes a lot, but I figure skipping class and being sleepy but alive is much better than being sleeping, skipping the stop light and being dead. Just my philosophy. ;)

i'm a weirdo in that seroquel never made me tired. however, i did sleep a lot. if i fell asleep, i wouldn't wake up for another 10 hours, at least. i took 800mg in the day and night. i always needed to reserve enough time to make sure i was fully up when it was time to get up. but as far as dropping off or falling asleep at night, no dose has ever had that effect on me.

Archived