CrazyBoards.org

I saw my pdoc this morning. He increased my paxil dose from 40 to 60.

On one hand I am hopeful this will turn out to be a good thing. On the other hand I am worried that this is another step down a one-way street to ... where?

I remember the first time I took Paxil. A couple of weeks in, it seems like a veil lifted somehow. I wrote myself a letter about the sense of relief it brought. I wrote that letter so that I would never forget what a difference it made.

Oh ... and the holiday season is evil. I think the twinkle lights are the work of da debil. Blah.

DG

i think that i read somewhere that paxil is a one shot deal.

it's not the type of ssri that you can start and then stop?

but i've already taken my nitey meds and can't remember.

it may be that you may have to switch to another ssri or

another antidepressant? sorry i'm not much help.

FWIW 60 was the magic dose for me with paxil. It helped my OCD and anxiety a lot. It also made me 100% orgasm proof.

How long ago was the first time you took it? Were you off it for a while? I've never seen it stated in any medical literature, but a lot of people around here have reported that SSRIs are one shot drugs. Once you go off them they don't work as well the second time around unless there is a lot of time (years) in between.

How long ago was the first time you took it? Were you off it for a while? I've never seen it stated in any medical literature, but a lot of people around here have reported that SSRIs are one shot drugs. Once you go off them they don't work as well the second time around unless there is a lot of time (years) in between.

I agree with that. I stopped taking exefor, and the second time i begun it didn't do very much. Now i am on a stack of efexor and lexapro. Hope this will work.... And certainly i weill never stop again.... Hell NO ;)

do you mean that you stopped and restarted, or were you just recalling how paxil made you feel initially when you first started taking it?

i felt so good too when i started taking paxil. and every time i've needed it and have gone back to it since, it has worked again. i've never had a problem in that department thankfully.

paxil was most helpful to me at 60mg too. i took it for years. now i take wellbutrin because i just got sick of not being able to have orgasms ever, but i loved it overwise. i like how it also controlled my anxiety. now i take wellbutrin and klonopin, and before i could get away with only the paxil.

Archived