hiya-

i'm having the same problem that a lot of you are probably having. i've noticed some cognitive dulling, or becoming stupid, from my meds. my pdoc said to expect this, but didn't give me an alternative on how to stop it or prevent it.

i'd really, really like to have my brain back. the addition of adderall has been a big plus, but that just helps the ADD, not the cognitive issues due to the meds.

any thoughts on the subject? please help me get my brain back!

Note that natural stuff can be just as dangerous as rx meds as far as triggering a mania. Sometimes more so. I knew someone irl who was bpI who spent a month in the hospital after drinking a sobie.

I'd think ginkgo would be OK though.

It did nothing for me. Also note that MI makes you stupid.

I'm afraid of triggering mania so I have only tried it a few times, but green tea extract tablets definitely help me focus. I've only taken one, but the dosage says 2.

I think we need more info or others experiences on it though. It does have alot of caffeine, but it is supposed to be a more "natural" form. I don't know if it's a great idea. Any thoughts anyone?

Note that natural stuff can be just as dangerous as rx meds as far as triggering a mania. Sometimes more so. I knew someone irl who was bpI who spent a month in the hospital after drinking a sobie.

Yeah, but - the natural ADs that work through serotonin aren't normally sold as cognitive enhancers. Mellow (i.e., stupid and sleepy)

is the usual descriptor.

Natural stims are generally in the caffeine/theobromine/theophylline/ephedrine spectrum. Some of the other stims are

illegal, questionable, possibly carcinogenic, and/or eat your liver.

I'd think ginkgo would be OK though.

It doesn't seem to do a lot, but it does seem a little helpful. And, it's common enough that you can check online for suspected

interactions.

DMAE is a possibility, but it gets really mixed reviews for effectiveness and for side effects. You'd have to do a lot of research

to see if anyone knows how it is really going to interact in a psych cocktail.

i ran it all through the med checker, and it looks like all of your recommendations are safe to take with my cocktail. my cocktail, on the other hand, requires careful supervision, because mainly wellbutrin can cause seizures, especially combined with my other meds.

it looks like i can take the gingko and the gree tea without any issues. i need to go to the natural store- i need some other supplements too (for my knees), so it looks like i have some shopping to do! i hope i can get my brain into a clearer, brighter state.

i've been in this horrible brain fog. it feels like i can't learn anything. i don't know if getting fired from the gas station was really a result of learning too slowly, or a result of over-thinking the entire register process.

i need brain help!

will omega 3s help too with this?

yeah, as soon as i posted that i ran some searches and searched more in CB. and found out that omega 3 fatty acids are really important for the brain, and hence intelligence. so pass the supplements, something should work! i'm sick of being stupid!

if i have to be stupid, then fine. but i won't take it lying down!

Archived