CrazyBoards.org

Hi Chewy.

I was on Luvox for a year to treat depression, panic disorder and OCD. It was quite effective but it made me agitated.

I am now on prozac instead which I find better.

Please note however that luvox has a good reputation and many people have success with it, especially those with OCD.

only bad thing about luvox is it interferes with caffeine metabolism (that is you can't/ aren't supposed to drink caffeine on it, because they are both metabolized by the same liver enzymes) i didn't really discover this very important fact out until i had been on it six years or so. (thanks for being on the ball with that one previous pdocs!) other than that it was my favorite ssri, least side effects etc. like i said, i was on it for six or seven years, and during most of that time my ocd was in remission. i don't know if it was because they discontinued the brand name, and only produce generic, or just my OCD got worse, but it stopped working as well for me so i finally stopped it for good two years ago. it would probably be the first one i'd try again if i go back on an ssri, if it wasn't for that durned caffeine interaction. same with zoloft. i can tolerate it better than most ssri's, but i can't seem to have caffeine with it (although that's because of some other mechanism besides liver interaction)

Archived