CrazyBoards.org

odd question

abifae

i have no idea where this should even be posted...

anyway, i work with this guy who is mexican and sometimes he barks. it's a very good bark, a nice deep "arf" sort of thing. and it's also VERY annoying.

one of the guys said it's a mexican thing and that he's tried barking but can't do it right.

so why do mexican males bark? i mean, where in the culture does that stem from? what is it supposed to mean?

abi

I don't know, but I have to say I've never heard of that. I went to college in Houston and took two years of Spanish. I think that someone would have said "Mexican men bark sometimes" if it were true.

Does he bark in particular situations? Or just randomly?

it seems pretty random to me. it's not AT me. and i don't know if anyone else anywhere does it lol. just some of the guys at work said it was mexican.

maybe it's just him, then.

i hadn't heard of it before either, until i was told that at work, but they were serious because they were just talking to each other after he barked at them.

i will just asume he's weird and enjoys barking, i guess ;)

there are weirder things people do at work.

abi

I asked one of my friends, and he said that if it's more of an "arooo" (sorry, you'd have to be there) with or without the "mamacita" at the end then it's kinda like "hey baby, you're hotstuff!"

He said that he always thought that it was just a "guy thing" but now that he thinks about it, he never heard any of the black guys or white guys do it. And he grew up in Orange County. (the real OC, not the one you see on TV) And he heard from legals and illegals, so he said maybe it IS a cultural thing or maybe it's just a SoCal thing?

All he knows is that was his experience growing up.

I asked one of my friends, and he said that if it's more of an "arooo" (sorry, you'd have to be there) with or without the "mamacita" at the end then it's kinda like "hey baby, you're hotstuff!"

He said that he always thought that it was just a "guy thing" but now that he thinks about it, he never heard any of the black guys or white guys do it. And he grew up in Orange County. (the real OC, not the one you see on TV) And he heard from legals and illegals, so he said maybe it IS a cultural thing or maybe it's just a SoCal thing?

All he knows is that was his experience growing up.

ah okay! that's very likely what it is (it's like i short "AH" and a very deep gruff "ROO"?)

lol, no worse than wolf whistles, but doing it dozens of times a day at work??

ah well. thank you very much maddy ;)

abi

ah okay! that's very likely what it is (it's like i short "AH" and a very deep gruff "ROO"?)
yep, you spelled it better than me

lol, no worse than wolf whistles, but doing it dozens of times a day at work??
maybe he needs a girlfriend?

ah well. thank you very much maddy ;)

abi

you're welcome. just glad i could help. plus i needed to call and check up on him anyway.

i think part of it is that he doesn't speak much english, actually. i was thinking about it and i've known several people who live here that don't know english yet and they make up for some of it in goofy behavior and weird things like that. *shrug*

not something i want to ask him about.

abi

abi- he doesn't speak english, but he speaks dog? this guy has some species-orientation issues ;)

i'd say that's a little off. and they say we're weird.

and this is the funnieset thing i've read in awhile, it is making me laugh so hard! :)

it seems pretty random to me. it's not AT me. and i don't know if anyone else anywhere does it lol. just some of the guys at work said it was mexican.

maybe it's just him, then.

i hadn't heard of it before either, until i was told that at work, but they were serious because they were just talking to each other after he barked at them.

i will just asume he's weird and enjoys barking, i guess :)

there are weirder things people do at work.

abi

Abi

don't know if this is way off or not

but could it be a tourettes-type thing

or not

either way glad it's not just at you

and you're ok with it

now I want to hear some of the WEIRDER things your co-workers do

whenver you feel like sharing that is ;)

now I want to hear some of the WEIRDER things your co-workers do

whenver you feel like sharing that is ;)

tourettes would make sense with some of the other stuff he does. random things he shouts while wandering around working lol.

let's see, one manager used to randomly insult people (meanly) and then say "ha ha just kidding" but it was things like "well you wouldn't have to have a crappy job like this if you're lazy husband would support you" or "you should really lose that baby weight soon if you want your husband tto stay with you". ha ha just kidding.

there are all the high school boys who trade nametags and where the girls' nametags so that if they screw up the customers blame someone else lol.

i spent a whole day training someone who told me about his sexual exploits with his best friend (male) and that was because we were both joking back and forth and it was a really fun day. that wasn't weird though, that was typical 19 year old male trying to impress a girl lol. i don't think most people really house freaking old i am.

abi

oooh I could really think of some torture for that fn manager

I think it's funny that the guys wear girls tags

be so cool for a girl to get a corporate raise after some customer thought they'd be nice and congratulate the place on a helpful employee

I worry just a tad about ya Abi if you have to leave the secure warm spot to help folks figure out the pumps

are there cameras there on the pumps, I mean?

I hope so

I worry just a tad about ya Abi if you have to leave the secure warm spot to help folks figure out the pumps

are there cameras there on the pumps, I mean?

I hope so

it's loon who has to deal with pumps and, yeh, i worry about that too.

loon, how safe is it if someone tries to lure you out???

part of my problem with my managers is that the father i was raised with is a GREAT manager. he's where i learned all my rules about what a manager should be. he holds him self to very high standards. i don't put up with less than that.

if that cocksucker can be so good at managing others no matter how he feels about them or treats people at home, how can i expect less from someone who DOES have a conscience??

anyway, i have a really really good chance at a new job :) it is only twenty hours a week, but has insurance, and is union... so i can work twenty hours at each job to make ends meet and only put up with the dickweed manager a couple days a week ;)

abi

Archived