CrazyBoards.org

Psychopharm Experts

I'm going to see my GP today to follow up on my bad UTI and to request all possible blood work, tests that relate to my meds. I feel I need to put my mind at ease that these meds are not damaging me.

I wish I could find a website that says "Check X" if you take "Y" medication, but I can't.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to ask for based on my cocktail (in my signature) and also on the fact that I was on lithium for 5 months without proper monitoring. I'm concerned about my kidney function, but I'm not sure what else needs to be checked except sodium and potassium levels with Trileptal.

Thanks.

You meds aren't too complicated particularly since you dropped the lithium.

So, "Comp 14, TSH, and T4" should pretty well cover the bases.

Comprehensive metabolic panel 14, will check liver, kidneys, parathyroid, glucose/diabetes, electrolytes, acidosis/alkylosis which can have various causes. TSH and T4 will check your thyroid functions which might have been upset by lithium, or could be off kilter anyhow, and which could mimic MI symptoms.

I think I hit everything. It should take 2 or 3 vials. Full price cost from LabCorp is around $250 last month.

Good luck Dr. Dee.

a.m.

The time to do that kind of thing is really when you're well, not when you're sick. That makes it easier to sort out what is the cause of what.

The UTI should be gone. I'm done the antibiotics and I don't seem to have symptoms. I'll ask my doc if we should do it now or next month. I see her monthly anyways.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I wish I was in Canada. When I went to get my Abilify my insurance wouldn't go through at first. The Pharmacist asked if I wanted to pay up front and submit a claim to my insurance. I said yes at first thinking it would be like $100 or so dollars. Well, it was $400! Finally they got it through. I couldn't afford $400 - that's ridiculous. Why we do have to pay so much to be crazy?!

Archived