CrazyBoards.org

i was diagnosed with schizophenia 8 yrs ago i have been sectioned twice since and been on different drugs, ive moved about a bit to so ive had a few different pdocs and care plans i started off on chloropromizine then olanzapine and now im sort of settled on amilsulpride. I say settled in the sense that im not psycotic at the moment but my libido is died im not getting wet my gp has just suggested sensalube whatever that is im sure id like it to natural. im not even sure what is wrong with me anymore as my last trip to my pdoc told me i was bipolar ( does that mean im not shcizoprenic anymore?). My cpn visited me recently and said maybe we could reduce my meds(this scares the life out of me) and also suggested we think about training for work (eh?). Im just looking for a little feedback if poss, thanks. ;) i wish ha

Its important that you talk with new medical practitioners in depth about your medical history.

As drs' tend to assess mental illness on a symptomatic level, this may be why your diagnosis has changed. Now it could well be the meds that are reducing your schizophrenic symptoms.

Also, keep in mind that the name of the diagnosis is far less important than getting the right treatment. Many mental illnesses cross over each other and often the same treatment will work for two related conditions.

Having said that, there is a big difference between bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. There is a hybrid condition called schizoaffective disorder which is basically a cross between the two.

So in short, discuss any medication changes before making them and ask why.

Archived