CrazyBoards.org

i was diagnosed with paraniod schizoprenia and depression i was delusional having lots of ideas which i still greatly believe in even as normal as i feel right now although a little under-educated i felt i found a god and stand by that faith. Am i going off the subject a little im sorry i had a run in with an uncle who i love dearly but refuses to listen to what i believe as he is an athiest and it has left me feeling a bit low as i told him i would get to grips with his REALITY that there is no god now i feel crap i know he'll be there tomorrow i just dont know how he duffers from severe depression but gets really aggressive when you dont agree with him thus you find yourself saying hmmmm yes dear uncle but man do i feel shit now well ive not had any replys and suppose i havent really posted a topic interesting enough to reply to but ive got somethings off my chest and jesus loves me.

Hi,

the psychosis board tends to be pretty slow, just be patient and responses will come. And if you forget to enion smething with your first post ypu can either reply to your own topic or ust edit your original post, there's a nifty lttle EDIT button at the bottom right of your own posts...

I think you'll find some people here who ay be very inerested that amisulpride has let you retain your sense of spirituality and still control he really delsional thinking. Unfortunately it's not available in the USA, but there is a push being made for the US to be more accepting of foreign meds... I heard a great inteview with the ex-vise-president of pfizer inc recently and he got sacked for such speak and lawsuited just to top it off...

Having a support network *like family* is important for lots of reasons, it provides a reality check and people who can bring you down to earth but also people wo can just listen to let you clear up your own thoughts.

You mentioned somewhat letting go of your beliefs becasue of your uncle's opinion, would you say that is because he is someone you have always trusted... someone who can bring you down to earth, or is it more hat you are just accustomed to folowing what your family says?

If it's because you trust his judgement, then thats great that you have someone like that.

As for Dx, I can't tell you if your dx has changed away from schizophrenia or if it's been added to with BP. It is possible to switch from one dx to another, say from bp1 to scz or vice versa... it's also possible to e sort of half way between, which is called schizoaffective and it's also possible to have both at once... That's something to talk about with your doctor (we someties have some fun speculating n these boards but only for the purpose of opening you up to the ossibiliies so it desn't come as such a shock really and to help you cme to terms with it and it shouldn't be seen as anything more... it helps organise what to tell your doc too)

i just dont know how he duffers from severe depression

sorry I can't read it right, do you mean how he DIFFERS from dep or how he SUFFERS? Or something else...

Don't worry aout going off topic, disorgaisation is part of the illness and everyone here will understand.

I think I've blathered enough

Hi,

the psychosis board tends to be pretty slow, just be patient and responses will come. And if you forget to enion smething with your first post ypu can either reply to your own topic or ust edit your original post, there's a nifty lttle EDIT button at the bottom right of your own posts...

I think you'll find some people here who ay be very inerested that amisulpride has let you retain your sense of spirituality and still control he really delsional thinking. Unfortunately it's not available in the USA, but there is a push being made for the US to be more accepting of foreign meds... I heard a great inteview with the ex-vise-president of pfizer inc recently and he got sacked for such speak and lawsuited just to top it off...

Having a support network *like family* is important for lots of reasons, it provides a reality check and people who can bring you down to earth but also people wo can just listen to let you clear up your own thoughts.

You mentioned somewhat letting go of your beliefs becasue of your uncle's opinion, would you say that is because he is someone you have always trusted... someone who can bring you down to earth, or is it more hat you are just accustomed to folowing what your family says?

If it's because you trust his judgement, then thats great that you have someone like that.

As for Dx, I can't tell you if your dx has changed away from schizophrenia or if it's been added to with BP. It is possible to switch from one dx to another, say from bp1 to scz or vice versa... it's also possible to e sort of half way between, which is called schizoaffective and it's also possible to have both at once... That's something to talk about with your doctor (we someties have some fun speculating n these boards but only for the purpose of opening you up to the ossibiliies so it desn't come as such a shock really and to help you cme to terms with it and it shouldn't be seen as anything more... it helps organise what to tell your doc too)

sorry I can't read it right, do you mean how he DIFFERS from dep or how he SUFFERS? Or something else...

Don't worry aout going off topic, disorgaisation is part of the illness and everyone here will understand.

sorry i cant work this out i dont know how to reply arggggggghhhhhhhhhhh i said, he'll be there tomorrow i just dont know how, he suffers from depression blah blah help

Hi,

aaah i think ive cracked it god i hope you guys are patient i havent got time at the min but i just did type you a whole reply pressed preveiw and it disappeared.I said my uncle will be here tomorrow i just dont know how but i cant convince him and wouldnt dare try, he suffers from depression and gets really angry if you dont agree with him Thanks for the tips oh yes can you be a bit clearer or direct me to a page where i can find out what the abbreviations stand for like DX and so on.

thanks thanks thanks

Hi spacecat. Welcome to the boards.

Through life you are going to meet people who have different ideas to you about spirituality. I can see your point that your uncle's depression may seem hopeless if he has no faith.

Sometimes its best to be relaxed when talking about sex, religion or politics. Or as the Irish say; dont talk about those issues at all, as its bound to stir up trouble. ;)

Thanks for the tips oh yes can you be a bit clearer or direct me to a page where i can find out what the abbreviations stand for like DX and so on.

Here are a couple of the most frequent ones:

Dx=Diagnosis

Rx=Prescription (some Latin thing)

Pdoc=Psychiatrist

Tdoc=Therapist/Psychologist

BP=Bipolar (BP1=Bipolar 1, etc.)

The rest can be found in our handy-dandy Offical Crazyboard Glossary.

Welcome!

Edited to add: after I posted the link above, I actually read the thread and discovered that that one is the Unofficial glossary. Our lovely Maddy created a new and improved one that is embedded in the Help files and can be found here. Enjoy!

Archived