CrazyBoards.org

Clingon

Sensation

Help...My friend is co-dependent and a clingy clingon who is very needy. She calls all the time whether I return her calls or not. And when we go shopping for clothes she follows me foot to foot. Cotdamn, its irritating. She can't seem to forman opinion of her own. The only illness she has told me she has is bipolar but damn she is aggravating. Nevermind that she doesnt work which leaves her time to call and call people. Nor does she drive cause she totaled her car. Ugggg.

Hi,

I come from the other side of this issue. I'm a very clingy person. I go nuts when I can't reach somebody. I end up smoking a lot and taking sedatives. Fortunately my friends (all two of them) put up with me to a point and let me know the preferred times to call or hang out.

The things I need are explicit boundaries. I don't know how you could bring that up, but it could be a help. It sounds like your friend has a lot of time on her hands, not a lot of friends and is insecure. Maybe you could schedule time. A little bit of structuring could maybe cut down on the annoyance factor.

i had a friend like that. he called me constantly and wouldn't stop. i tried to set boundaries, and even explained that my phone is prepaid and the minutes are expensive, but he still didn't care.

finally, after attempting to set boundaries and getting nowhere, i dumped him as a friend. it was a relationship that just took from me, and i got nothing in return. i was always the one doing the emotional supporting. it came down to me being so ;) annoyed that i stopped all contact with him. i let my voice mail pick up his calls, and deleted the messages. after awhile he got the hint, and i haven't heard from him in awhile. good.

you probably won't have to go to those lengths, but i did.

Archived