CrazyBoards.org

obsessive thoughts

i guess i would say that i do.  sort of as something that is always there... can't eat anything without some thought crossing my mind that I should either completely starve myself and not eat... which sort of goes hand in hand with the not wanting to lose control and binge (and maybe even purge).  each side fights quite strongly and it is hard to keep it all in check...

I put that into words rather horribly, so please, forgive me.....

Constantly.  I have them about food, weight and about how I should be burning calories.  I'm constantly "wanting" food, but I can't let myself eat anything but my safe food.  No matter how little I weigh, It's not little enough.  When I'm laying down or reading or even on the computer, I have to keep bouncing my foot.  Or, I must walk one more block, one more block, one more block...

Or am I way off base here and you're talking about something else?

me too, the obsessive thoughts take up a large portion of most days...usually wondering how many calories are in each food, measure it out, ensuring I've excercised enough, maniacally wanting to jump on the scale all the time to make sure I haven't gained...loads of fun ;)

• 1 month later...

i am constantly obsessing about eating and worrying about what i can and cannot eat.  i, too, have "safe foods." i work at a hospital so scales are everywhere and i weigh myself constantly.  i am constantly looking at my stomach in the mirror and pinching it, convinced that i have gained weight and keep gaining weight everyday.  i take an SSRI among other things and am so scared of gaining weight and worry about the meds constantly too. argh!

i guess i would say that i do.  sort of as something that is always there... can't eat anything without some thought crossing my mind that I should either completely starve myself and not eat... which sort of goes hand in hand with the not wanting to lose control and binge (and maybe even purge).  each side fights quite strongly and it is hard to keep it all in check...

I put that into words rather horribly, so please, forgive me.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, I think you articulated that pretty well.. because it describes EXACTLY how it is for me too..especially the idea of both sides fighting (urges to binge vs. restrict)

Does anyone get obsessive thoughts that are recovery(?) related-like needing to make sure you get enough protein etc- and wanting to eat the "right" amount if you're going to exercise, etc ..Sorry if that doesn't make any sense..

Archived