CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety Cycling with Mood Cycles?

I told mypdoc today that I wasn't having mood issues, just anxiety issues that cycle. He says it is a part of my BP that isn't being controlled and put me on Gabatril.

Does anyone know anything about anxiety as a part of BP cycling when your moods do not? Sorry if this is a weird question!

I told mypdoc today that I wasn't having mood issues, just anxiety issues that cycle. He says it is a part of my BP that isn't being controlled and put me on Gabatril.

Does anyone know anything about anxiety as a part of BP cycling when your moods do not? Sorry if this is a weird question!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if this is really related, but I'll share my experience. My anxiety cycles almost completely independent of my mood cycles. I can be anxious when I'm manic, depressed, or just plain stable. My anxiety is usually always present, but it get better/worse depending on the situation. I attribute it to being a co-morbid disorder, operating on it's own alongside my bp.

This is only a thought...

I had bad anxiety probs even with heavy meds until I switched over to Lithium.  it seems to take care of that too.  Some drugs just don't handle it all for everyone and some do.  Depakote left me with regular panic attacks even with over 1000mg/day.

Yeah, I think my anxiety is independent of my mood cycles, however pdoc thinks that they anxiety is a part of the moods and that while the heavy mood part is being controlled, there is anxiety underlying the mood that isn't. ??? I don't know. I'm skeptical of Gabatril. No one seems to have taken it here and I've heard it will make me stupid- stupider than I already am ;)

I am BP NOS, rapid cycling, but I am always anxious due to my co-morbid GAD Dx. I have tried Gabatril for anxiety when my pdoc did not want me on a benzo. I took it before that while under treatment with another pdoc. As for the anxiety, the Gabatril worked for a while. I began to have nightmares when I started back on it at one time and told the pdoc I thought it was related to the Gabatril. It probably was not related but I stopped taking the Gabitril anyway and went back to taking klonopin. I have been Rx'd as much as 12mg of Gabatril for anxiety though.

Erika

My hypomanias are almost exclusively agitation or anxiety - anxiety when they're bad, agitation when they're less bad.  No mood elevation unless you count not being depressed, except for very rare cases. 

according to pee-docs papers im BP II/hypomania, ADHD, & OCD, & it wasnt until just a couple of months or so ago when i suddenly got hit with the mother of all anxiety attacks ( i say suddenly, but i could tell SOMETHING was trying to creep up on me) OMFG hallucinating & shaking & raging & cussing & i dont know what all else.

prior to that my manias usually consisted kind of up...until i turned dysphoric ( & that usually would hit low low 'depressed as fuck') mixed states from hell...anyhow, started me on seroquel & jumped up the dosage rather quickly & i think ive leveled out nicely. 

my anxiety seems like it is both independant of & also affected by my mood states.

Archived