CrazyBoards.org

Well, here I've done it again. My doctor and I have tried to put me on a medication other than Celexa. So of course what happens except I feel really depressed and like I'm going to die. The worst thing is that not only do I get depressed, but I get very angry and it's hard for me to get along with others. I had a fight with my family over the holidays. When I'm off the medication I feel "out of control" and this makes me feel extremely horrible about myself. I am a nice person, but when I am off the medication I am just not myself. It's out of my control. The medication makes me "me" and without it I am someone else.

Why do I go off it? As I've said before, a life without an orgasm (for me, that's life with Celexa) also doesn't seem worth living in a way.

Please tell me that all hope is not lost and that I will feel better soon and that I'm not losing my mind.

There is a lot of hope, and you will feel better soon.

So are you saying that Celexa works perfectly for you, except for the orgasm part? If that is the case, I would say it depends on how bad your issues are. It sounds like you need it and it works well for you. I hate to sound like a broken record because so many around here say this, but if you are truly nuts and a drug makes you not-nuts and sexless, it's way better than being nuts and able to have an orgasm. Are you in a relationship that's being affected by this? If not, even more reason to stick with it.

I take Lexapro and it has robbed me of most of my sexuality. But up until recently, it was working so well that I was willing to live with it. And I'm married.

I'm not unsympathetic at all, btw, I hope I'm not coming off that way. Have you tried adding all the possible sex-enhancing meds/supplements to Celexa? Wellbutrin? Buspar? Yohimbe (I think)? I would try to run through anything your doctor could come up with before switching meds. What med are you trying now?

Archived