CrazyBoards.org

Dad has cancer, sent home from work, need something...

I've gone some 70 days slice free. I attribute that partially to not having any super huge stressors.

I just found out my Dad has cancer. The lump that he continually told doctors about for more than a month just got removed after my mom bitched about it so loud donkeys in South America got scared. My ability to handle things is dwindling. Last time I felt like this I kept cutting for two weeks straight till you couldn't distinguish my legs from ground beef. I don't want to get there. I need ...something.

I'm trying to keep busy the best I can. When my SO comes home I'm going to ask him to get all my razors out of the house. They're dirty anyway. Old and Rusty. My whole body is sore. I need to be able to live again. I'm so sad and angry.

I don't know much about SI, but I do know about cancer.

I'm sorry things are so rough, but the good thing is that your mom was proactive in getting something done about it. Many people will go YEARS without getting anything done. Many times until it's too late.

Feel free to PM me or email me.

Sorry I'm not much help.

there are different options for people with tumors in their throats that are removed that are found to be cancerous. a good place to look is herrfous' thread, because he went through this. he had a lump and didn't know what it was. they had to remove it, and it turned out to be nothing, but he was naturally concerned and curious about what it could be (he has so many disorders that a new one added to the list wouldn't surprise him he says).

but herrfous is a biologist and knows a lot about that kind of stuff. you could probably pm him (i don't THINK he'd mind, but can't be 100% sure of course) and ask questions about this. the more you know, the more comfortable you will be. there are treatment options for him. finding cancer isn't a death sentance. he'll probably be just fine after some treatment.

i hope you pull through this. remember how strong you've been, and that you haven't SIed for 70+ days. don't break your record! education is your best weapon against SI right now.

loon

That sounds scary and rough. Hang in there. It sounds like you're doing a good job of being oriented toward your physical and mental health, even in the face of what's going on and how stressful it is for you.

I don't know much about SI so I don't have further suggestions but I wanted to drop in and give my sympathies.

Archived