CrazyBoards.org

an update on me

hello! just wanted to fill ya in on how i am doing.

the last 2-3 weeks have been great. i have been able to accomplish stuff while at the same time being busy. it did catch up to me one day, i was really bitchy. but, for the most part, i felt pretty normal. even my dad said so.

i guess i am just waiting for the crash. still a lot going on!

don't know if it is because my back feels so much better since going to a chiropractor or if it is the good night's sleep i have been having on ambien. don't want to get addicted to that, but damn, i have slept so much better. i do take it 2 days on, 1 day off or more.

ok, does anyone here stutter? i tend to do that a lot now. i think it is my mouth trying to catch up with my brain or i just can't recall a word.

i actually talk a whole lot more than i did before the bipolar. i was always quiet at family gatherings, but could come up with one good one that made people laugh. now, i ask questions, respond, pay attention. at least try to pay attention, still working on that, but it is better. still don't remember what the hell they said.

should you take your pills before you brush your teeth? are they bad for your teeth?

well, i think i am going to post something stupid soon, but i would love your opinions. i know i am a little out there as far as my ideas and everything, but it just happens. i do try to keep my mouth shut at the important times, though. but, at the same time, i think it interests some people. or maybe they think i am mentally ill or something?

ok, that's all as far as i know. thanks for reading!!!

have a superb day!

kathy, who is gettin' there

Good news indeed!

Good sleep always helps. always.

As long as you aren't picking pills out from between your teeth, it doesn't matter. You should not swallow tooth paste; just checking.

It's nice when the meds slow things down enough to be able to start participating in conversations again. On the other hand, I think it was Mark Twain who said "Better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt". ;)

Cheers,

a.m.

ok, does anyone here stutter? i tend to do that a lot now. i think it is my mouth trying to catch up with my brain or i just can't recall a word.

kathy, who is gettin' there

This is totally me! wow... you phrased it exactly in the way I experience it. It makes me feel like an idiot sometimes. It's like there's a gap between my thought processes and my verbal expression.

Anyway, glad things are going well for you! ;)

I would watch out for hypomania... Something about the way you skip from subject to subject rings a warning bell for me.

I'm hoping nothing's wrong and that you're finally just normal-happy. If so I'm glad you're feeling better!

thanks everyone!

dweii - i will definitely watch for hypomania. thank you for looking out for me. it's just that it has been more like when you work a full day and then you get home and you have stuff you have to do and you just do it. i do take breaks and it can be hard to get back to things, but for the most part its been kinda easy.

my thought process is all over the place. my writing, eh, my speech, better. that is still an issue i have to work out, aaps have sucked. my memory sucks, too. i guess its just the energy has been better. regular. steady.

i still have to do a better job of scheduling in the things that are good for me. exercise, eating healthy, yoga. when i am busy i have a hard time adding these things.

overall, i feel like i am on a good road. once the holidays are over, i hope to be able to have a more balanced day. i am just glad that i can accomplish the things i need to that are immediate.

oh, one thing, when you do get the regularity, its like your eyes are wide open to the things you still have to accomplish and it can be daunting.

ok, still think i'm gettin' there. at least, i hope.

thank you!

kathy

Archived