CrazyBoards.org

Effexor XR and white specks in bowel

Here is the description of the tablet itself. It appears that the spheroids that contain the medicine are made of cellulose and gelatin. The body cannot digest cellulose (wood fiber) and it is possible they may be passed unmodified. They also contain titanium dioxide which is white in color.

Tape worm segments often have the appearance of small grains of rice.

The expert to ask is your pharmacist!

Effexor XR is formulated as an extended-release capsule for once-a-day oral administration. Drug release is controlled by diffusion through the coating membrane on the spheroids and is not pH dependent. Capsules contain venlafaxine hydrochloride equivalent to 37.5 mg, 75 mg, or 150 mg venlafaxine. Inactive ingredients consist of cellulose, ethylcellulose, gelatin, hypromellose, iron oxide, and titanium dioxide.

a.m.

I don't know, I did a search on yahoo and haven't read anyone else having this. I get sick thinking about it.

I thought the medicine was supposed to dissolve completely, but you are saying the tiny white balls inside the whole capsule have the main medicine in them which is released throught out the day, ugg.

Yeah, I'm sick to death of my Effexor-XR. I want alcohol in abundance. Margaritas, red wine, days of ultimate, intoxicated bliss.

AND, my stupid Doc is away till January! January! Bastard. I should just tirate down on my own.

Bern

I think I only crave it, because I miss drinking regularly. The doc was pretty hard-core about how much alcohol I am allowed. And last night's efforts on the red wine, proved to me that perhaps his rules make sense after all. (I feel really terrible today. )

thats a normal thing with effexor-xr. i dont get it but i read about it somewhere...

Interesting....wish I knew that before I started drinking so heavy last year...now I REALLY crave alcohol, and when I do drink, I down it! Oh well, for me the effexor is working well enough I'll suffer through a craving or too.

as an ex-effexor taker i would describe the white things as being part of a cluster bomb.

the main single big bomb/capsule is dropped by the plane (your hand). when it is near the target village/your stomach it explodes and scatters jillions of little bomblets (the white med thingys). they then explode and take out thousands of innocent villagers/brain cells.

the little white things you see in yer pooh are the little bomblets that didn't explode when they were supposed to. but they can still be effective if other innocent villagers step on them. but the white things can't. so my analogy kind of ends here.

night,

grouse.

Archived