CrazyBoards.org

DM says I'm sick

DM asked last night if I need to go to the hospital. I've been going on and on at everyone on everything non-stop. The only other times I have been like this I've been big time looney toons. I had to stop and think then realized yeah she's right. I'm even yelling at city workers. I'll try and speak to the mayors office instead and make them enforce some laws that I'm fed up with people breaking and if I have to go to the media I will. I put this here in bipolar land because I feel like I am in mixed state hell. but I know a mood stabilizer will not help. I see the dr in January and I'm going to get him to address the city saying that I am not safe unless the city enforces some safety issues. The area where I live has a city official that is a chair of a committee that deals with what I am upset about and I am going to contact him with a letter from my doctor if I can get one. I don't see why my doctor would not help me with this. So I'm going to try and use my current state to achieve something. I have so many levels of goverment that I want to address different things with. The labour people, environment, city public health, and transportation people. I have special priveledge with the transportation people and I am going to use it to my advantage. The people who I have spoken to in person look to the ground when I tell them of my status and when I ask them to address my issues with their supervisors. They know I am right. I am going to follow up to make sure that they have informed their supervisors. I think I will get very far quickly and will see results as soon as next week. I asked the mayors office for him to call me, but I did not think that would happen. I will be writing him a letter about the state of this city. If you threaten to sue then people move to address your concerns.

Hi Lachesis!

I'm not clear whether you mother wants you to go to ER or involuntary inpatient.

It's good that you recognize something is wrong. The pdocs see that as an important step in getting a handle on being BP. I wouldn't disagree with your hunch of being in a mixed state.

If you aren't in immediate danger, then I suggest that the logical thing is to call your Pdoc first thing Monday. Tell them you are in a mixed state and need to see the pdoc, don't sugar coat things. You are right that your pdoc may need to give you something quick acting that will work in a day two.

I applaud you for trying to right some wrongs. However, your methods may be a bit extreme, and could backfire or seem embarrasing to you when you are feeling better later. (I have experience in this). I would urge you to throttle back and wait, but in any case take your plans to someone extremely level headed and calm for a sanity check before doing anything. ;)

Call your Pdoc first thing Monday morning. And don't despair, your pdoc does have meds that can slow you down and make you feel better rapidly. If you can't see the pdoc, or you feel worse then DO go to the ER. Mixed states are every bit as bad and dangerous as being manic. That is what the ER is for.

hope you feel better soon, a.m.

I agree with A.M. - mixed states are bad times to make major life-changing decisions. If you want to make important changes, you're going to be a lot more effective in a normal mood-state - and you're much less likely to do something you might regret later. Please talk to your pdoc first - he can give you something quick-acting and get you into a state where you can make better decisions about what to do and how to do it.

What laws? All the laws. I'm fed up. Aren't there any decent souls anymore who do what they should? I can't even cross the street in front of my house because the cars don't stop despite there being a sign saying that pedestrians have the right of way. I'm going to demand a bigger sign and if it has to be a flashing sign for it to get the message accross then I will pester till I am able to cross the damn street. Environmental laws being are being broken and other public health concerns need to be addressed. Some labour laws are being violated. Geesh.

I saw a BIG change today because of speaking to those workers on friday. I pulled out my trump card and it worked. The three workers must have spoken to their supervisors for there to be this much change. I'm still going to take things further and I am going to find out more about my rights. I don't suppose the mayor is going to help me much but I will take things to appropriate people and keep a log on who I speak to and when. There is more I can do. And I will do more untill I get off this ride I am on. Was given permission to start a complaints process elsewhere against someone. I am not going to be very popular. Missed my road home by 6 miles being so preoocupied with this mission.

If only I were so productive at changing my family. ha ha.

I guess my mom was just asking if I was that off, or trying to make a point, or trying to get me to turn myself off. So I am trying to chill. I don't think it will kill me to wait till January to see the doctor. I'm now doing what he said to do and more but things just are not going well. Sigh.

I don't know what state I'm in. Bipolar does and does not fit. There is no category that fits right all the time but I know meds will get me out of this. Which ones now I don't know. Probably more of the same.

It does not hurt to say you will sue when you know there are liability issues and they know it too and know they are not being accountable on safety issues. Lawyers love personal injury claims and city property. And I am vulnerable and am saying so. They already have documentation about this and I am not going to let them forget it. People do not realize what power they have and can use. I am still simmering.

Hi!

I definitely support AM's suggestion of calling pdoc asap and waiting until january to change your town.

this is just a little story to give you encouragement in january: my parents live in a very small town. however, the community (or suburb....but how can there be suburbs in a tiny town???) well - anyway - there was this large intersection that was only "controlled" by 2 stop signs. very recently - like in the past month - the interesection has turned into a 4 way stop. with 2 stop signs literally on top of each other on the same pole - and at the very top - a blinking red light.

so, yes, WE can make major changes to the places we live....but please yes yes yes call your pdoc and/or medical team.

wishing you lots of hope for your changes in the future,

december

Hi!

I definitely support AM's suggestion of calling pdoc asap and waiting until january to change your town.

A bit of a tweak to the advice:

- get in to see the pdoc ASAP

- DOCUMENT the laws being broken or unsafe conditions persisting. Photographic and videocamera

footage with the correct date/time goes a long way toward that. Besides, if someone does want

to help you, they are going to need good backup evidence.

- hold off on the crusades until January. Find out who to contact now, while you have energy, but leave it

at that. Anything started before the holidays will die unfinished and many of the people who can do

stuff are taking time off.

Am waiting till January for further action. Will speak to my doctor about what I am doing and will get some emotional support. Finally I can see that everyone's advice is correct. Did speak to some people already tho. Mayor's office sent me a holiday card. hehehehehe. At my request authorities will try to catch naughty person in action and give charges accordingly. I've started the ball rolling and now that I am calmer I am wanting to back out. Am so glad I told to wait till January. Actually inspector suggested it and I said yes. One infraction problem is now more than enough to tackle. I got off the rampage I was on. Would like to go and hide forever now. Twiddling thumbs. Arghhhhhhhhh.

Guest Guest_Judy Doom_*

"I see the dr in January and I'm going to get him to address the city saying that I am not safe unless the city enforces some safety issues."

I don't know if that's a freudian slip or what, but it makes me wonder.

As everyone said, call the pdoc right away and deal with the other stuff in January. Kudos for you for getting the mayor's notice and making some changes.

Archived