CrazyBoards.org

Hi

I'm not quite sure why I'm posting here. I guess I am strangely hoping for a reply maybe. But I am terribly lonely and feeling depressed. I keep telling the people in my life that it is just anxiety because I don't want anyone to know that I am actually feeling depressed feelings. I don't want anyone else to feel bad for me. It's the holiday time and that would just make others feel bad. Who wants that?

I guess it seems strange that I would mention others and then say I am lonely. I do have family. But I am not able to share much with them. And I have a psychiatrist, but I do not feel close to her. I only want to please them.

My best friend is gone. He moved away and I think he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. That makes me so sad I just want to drive away and...I don't know...just keep driving until I become a little dot on the horizon. Is that possible?

Sorry to burden anyone who read this thinking it was going to say something else.

Sallie

I always feel lonely around the year-end holiday season. I blame society for creating these unattainable ideals that we are supposed to aspire to. We are all supposed to have happy, loving families with lots of money and perfect lives and if you don't meet that ideal, something must be wrong with you. Being crazy most of my life, I'm particularly sensitive to being made to feel that I am wrong for not meeting one of societies ideals. I guess the point I'm trying to make is to not feel bad for feeling lonely. You have a lot of company in that regard.

I made a list today of all the people I was gonna buy gifts for, and just decided as the day went on that putting up a tree and mailing cards is all I'm gonna do. Its all too much, I'm tired of giving and giving and getting nothing. I'm gonna relax and let this pass

Oh. Thank you for such caring replies. My heart goes out to each of you that feel lonely, too. This is a hard time of year. The push to feel the "warmth" of the holidays and all that is so strong and a lonely heart at this time is just that much more empty feeling. But it is so nice of you all to share with me. Thank you.

I did send a text message to my best friend. I heard back and he was surprised to hear that I thought he didn't want talk to me. He is still very distracted with his new life concerns, but his thoughts were nice to hear anyway.

It is hard to reach out when I feel depressed. I just want to listen to sad music and be quiet. I know the idea is to get out of the shell. It is hard...

Thank you again.

Sallie

I am just waiting for the holidays to pass too. I can't get into it this year no matter how hard I try. I will be going to dinner at my friend's house on Christmas day, and I don't even wanna do that.

I feel horrible about that too, I just can't help the way I feel.

Archived