CrazyBoards.org

Mind reading

Don't know where this belongs, but I guess it's as old as my bipolar being a major issue...

Other people, mostly women, can read my mind. Now this is not them reading my body language, they can do it when they are not looking at me. Sometimes (often) I look at women and wonder what they would be like in bed. This is really intrusive stuff, that has gone away a little with Zyprexa, but is still there. I can be standing behind a woman in a line, and they suddenly start to act jumpy, then before I know it they are trying to get away, walking real quick, pushing their way past people to get away.

Can anyone else here have their minds read by strangers? It really makes me feel like a freak and a pervert.

My thoughts are broadcasted to all and sundry, sometimes I feel like I never get a moment of privacy. I deal with it by keeping my MP3 player permanently clamped onto my ears. What is even worse is when people can listen in on my voices - they are incredibly abusive and horrible. I can see people visibly flinch as you said. The information gets transmitted through my eyes. Zyprexa helps a little.

You know how you can sometimes "feel" someone's stares on you? That's probably it. Or they could just glance to look at you without you noticing.

If you're thinking about how a woman is in bed, that shows in the way you look at them. It creeps us out.

You know how you can sometimes "feel" someone's stares on you? That's probably it. Or they could just glance to look at you without you noticing.

If you're thinking about how a woman is in bed, that shows in the way you look at them. It creeps us out.

I used to do it all the time, completely uncontrollable, but the meds have helped a huge amount. Shit, it's not me - I don't think like that, but sometimes there's a running commentary in my head that looks at everyone like a piece of meat. The crazy bit was last time this happened, we bumped in to each other further on and had a friendly chat, so I must have imagined the whole thing. I'm deeply confused by it.

My intrusive thoughts are mostly gone now but I know how bad they can be. I don't have a solution, but maybe try to think about that time you had that friendly chat and tell yourself over and over again you are just imagining things? That's a really hard thing to do, I know, but give it a try.

Are you in therapy right now?

Are you in therapy right now?

No, and never have been. It was never offered by my pdoc, so I never asked. The longer I live with this dx, the more weird shit comes to the surface and the more I think therapy would be useful. But I can't afford it and insurance won't cover it, so I use Crazyboards instead.

The human brain is highly tuned to detect eyes starting at us. Research has shown the we can unconciously detect eye shapes hidden in foliage, detect them out of the corner of the eye without ever having looked directly at them. It's a survival mechanism to protect us from lions and leopards, etc.

So, if we stare at someone they may sense it unconciously and become nervous and unsettled perhaps without ever knowing why. They will have an urge to move and leave. Likewise, if we stare or act oddly or inapropriately, they will get uncomfortable and avoid us out of concern or fear.

It is, of course, impossible to project or receive thoughts from others. Perhaps you have experienced situations that by coincidence or for other reason and you related a cause and effect to your thoughts, out of misunderstanding. A true belief that one can project or recieve thoughts, despite scientific explanations of the impossiblitly, can be a sign of psychotic problems with delusions.

These observations and thoughts should always be shared with your pdoc, since they are an indication of your condition and how well your meds are working. Sometimes a simple adjustment is required, other times the addtion of an AP can eliminate them completely and allow us to feel better and not be overwhelmed with intrusive thoughts and feelings.

best, a.m.

for covering therapy, there are therapists who will charge on a sliding scale, and also some who will work pro bono if you're broke enough. also, you can contact NAMI in your area and they may have info on local resources that you could tap into. for example, i go to a community mental health clinic that is free. before i got medicaid, they gave me samples to cover my med needs too.

that is so sucky that your insurance won't pay for therapy. do they think that decision is going to save them money? hospitalizations- just one day in the psych ward- are so expensive that most insurance companies do more to try to keep you out of the psych ward.

i know what you mean about feeling like people can read your mind- i get that all the time. people just look at me funny. and i'm not thinking anything perverted!

My insurance just stopped paying for my pdoc as well. However over here in Ingerland we have the dear old NHS, but I will now have to pay for my next pdoc appt and get him to refer me to an NHS pdoc. That will probably take 3-6 months, then another 3-6 to get an appt. I could also get to a therapist that way, but other UK experience would lead me to believe that that would take more than a year.

So I just carry on and vent here from time to time. Oh, and sometimes I frighten myself away from the edge by playing with the shotgun using the 20 minute rule. NOT that I'm anywhere even close to there. I just mention it in passing.

Oh, and sometimes I frighten myself away from the edge by playing with the shotgun using the 20 minute rule. NOT that I'm anywhere even close to there. I just mention it in passing.

Rarely does anyone mention guns "in passing", and I have no idea what a 20 minute rule is.

Are you suicidal? Do you feel in danger? Don't hesitate to go be with a friend or go to A&E if you are.

best,

a.m.

It is, of course, impossible to project or receive thoughts from others.

This is not true. It is possible and has been proved. The information I read is that it is similar to radio waves, the way psychics can pick up information and read "energy" of situations that have happened in a place before the sensitive person got there.

It is, however, almost impossible to "read someone's mind". I think your explanation for this phenom was good am, however, it is possible to project and receive thoughts.

Breeze

Found it. Remote Viewing. It was used first during WWII. ( Sorry, this article says the 1970's. I had heard of it first being used during the war. Besides, I'll bet you know more about this than I do since I have little interest in it)

remote viewing

20 minute rule. If it feels really, really shitty, wait twenty minutes. If it's still shitty, get the gun cabinet keys, then wait 20. If it's still shitty, open the top lock. Wait 20. Open the bottom lock. Wait 20. Get the shotgun out. Wait 20. Get the ammo out. Wait 20. Load the gun. Wait 20.

Never got as far as getting the ammunition out.

ANyway, I'm quite safe, just it hit me the other day about the mind reading thing. I also thought it through, and it's no longer a sexual thing. I look at people anmd think, "Shit, how can you have let yourself go that much," or, "Gee, your in pretty good shape, you must make someone happy." But I think some deeper, darker thoughts spill out, hence freaking people out.

Ok, look. Mind reading, thought projection, doesn't exist. If distance viewing worked, we wouldn't have Delta Force looking for Saddam Hussien for 2 years or STILL looking for Ossama!!

Their is a legitimate $1M prize from the James Randi Foundation for anyone who can demonstrate paranormal powers. Give them a call...

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests [since the prize was founded in 1964]. http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Breeze, I do think that you have an great understanding of animal psychology and amazing ability to observe and interpret animal behavior. ;)

a.m.

p.s. The discovery of esper powers, etc would be a fantistic, thrilling and world changing discovery. However anyone making claims that anything 'exists' has to scientifically prove it.

Unreg .......... please if things are getting shitty go down to a+e and ask to speak teo the on duty psych and explain how things are to them.

The nhs is crap ..... But occasionally you stumble upon a gem of a pdoc or tdoc... although they are generaly like findinga needle in a haystack!

you have my numbers give me a call if you want?

ps murder is against the law even if you claim insanity, but I can thihnk of a fe wpeople you could murder for me!! ;)

Archived