CrazyBoards.org

going off the meds....how long?

I am sure this has been discussed before but I am a newbie here so forgive me ;)

I was on 10mg of lexapro for about 10 months....worked great except I gained the 20lbs we all dread.

I slowly weaned off of it and have been lexapro freee for about 3 1/2 or 4 weeks. ANYONE out there know when the withdrawal symptoms stop? My dr. was very vague on this.

I have anxiety, cranky, down right rotten at times, sad, muscle pain, jaw clenching....all at a month out. Is this withdrawal symptoms or is this how I am going to be off the meds?

Thanks in advance,

Kelley

Everything but the jaw clenching was typical for me pre-meds.

You may have just gotten int a jaw clenching habit.

I mean, you felt like crap before the meds, right?  You couldn't have been hunky dory, or why would you go on them.

I mean, if I went off, I wouldn't assume being suicidal was a side effect.  It's my normal mode.

I don't know. I had a friend who tapered off lexapro, and wasn't back to her normal self until 2-3 months after completely stopping. But like Nick Post says, I think it depends what you were like before the meds too.

Went I went off of Celexa, Lexapro's older cousin, I had very mild withdrawal effects that lasted about six weeks. It was one of those things where you don't really notice when it stops but then it occurs to you that the head spinning effect isn't happening anymore.

You're probably through the worst of it. Just when you think it's never going to stop it starts fading out.

Greeny

Hey there,

Still having side effects...

I went on the meds due to PTSD...I almost died a few years ago.

I am depressed...not severely but enough to effect me daily.

When is enough enough? When do I go back to the dr. and say " Ok...tried it...didnt like how I felt off of it?" When is it the true me or the withdrawal me?

I am seriously rotten right now...not myself (before  or during the meds)>

How long should I give it?

Kelley

Archived