CrazyBoards.org

desire to cut words

i have definately heard of this before. also have done it. ;) my first boyfriend, to whom i lost my virginity to date rape :) afterwards i cut his name into my left forearm. it's still there staring at me almost 30 years later. i hate it. people change. but the power of the word will remain. don't condemn yourself to being reminded of pain later in life that hopefully by then you will have healed.

keep in mind what Tenebrae said: the words aren't going to go away. it's not easy, but it's easier to explain away straight lines than it is to explain why you've got "screwup" written on your thigh. and while cutting in general is like muttering about how messed up you are, writing something (especially something negative) is more like yelling it.

yeah, talk to your pdoc. underlying reasons and all that.

;):) plus, I'm lazy, so I'd much rather do just straight, random lines than to actually focus enough to make them form something. and S is a bitch to write. :cussing:

;):) I carved "help" on my forearm. After I realized what I did, I added a few lines to erase it so as not to be a recognizable word. :cussing::wtf: Try not to do it, you don't want that staring you in the face. I wish I hadn't, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

;):) I carved "help" on my forearm. After I realized what I did, I added a few lines to erase it so as not to be a recognizable word. :cussing::wtf: Try not to do it, you don't want that staring you in the face. I wish I hadn't, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

hey thanks for this idea! glad its normal for crazy people like me

• 3 months later...

Alarm, self harm is not art. if you read the Self harm forum description/the pinned note 'before you post' you will know that we do not romanticize self injury here. Consider yourself stomped on.

Archived