CrazyBoards.org

Sick of family. Sick of life. I hate everyone. I'm really losing it tonight. I pick useless people to be friends only to get hurt over and over again, and abandoned. I' numb and empty. I dont want to leave the apartment tomorrow, but there is the fucking family dinner. I'm too depressed to go.

I'm sorry you're having a bad day. This holiday madness will be over soon. Solstice passed and the days will start getting longer. If you can't tolerate the folks maybe rent a couple favorite movies, get some favorite munchies, call out sick, and stay home and do whatever makes YOU feel best for that very stressful next 24 hours. Soon it'll be over...

lilie

as you said, soon it will be over. we just have x-mas tomorrow and then new year's, and everything will be back to normal. no more obnoxious x-mas music or enforced cheerfulness. for those of us grinches (well, i'm a grinch), the holiday season really sucks.

i have to go to my family brunch tomorrow. we have brunch and not dinner. i got elected to bring the dessert. i just went to the only grocery store in the area, that closed 10 minutes after i got there (and stood in line for 20) and bought some strawberry cheesecake. i don't even eat the stuff, but they were pretty much out of everything my family would eat. ha. retailers love x-mas.

hey, here's a reason to be happy- all those after x-mas sales! we can use those gift certificates (well, people who get them can use them, i'm not going to get any) on stuff that's on sale. very cool.

after the chaos and crap of the remainder of the holiday season, you'll be free to focus on what you want to do in your social life. i'd try not to worry about it right now- there's too much stress and pressure around to worry about it. you'll only make it worse for yourself. i'd wait until after the season, and then talk with your tdoc about it to get some perspective. i hope that helps.

loon

Archived