CrazyBoards.org

A week ago I added Seroquel to my AD cocktail, which includes Wellbutrin 300 mg., Effexor 150 mg., Klonopin prn, Ambien 10 mg..

Since I added the Seroquel (25 mg. ;now bumped to 50mg.) I have been practically silent. The last two days I have said at most 50 sentences. Yesterday, while with my family the only words that came out were in response to direct questions. I feel as if I am in a constant daze.

Has anyone experienced this?

A week ago I added Seroquel to my AD cocktail, which includes Wellbutrin 300 mg., Effexor 150 mg., Klonopin prn, Ambien 10 mg..

Since I added the Seroquel (25 mg. ;now bumped to 50mg.) I have been practically silent. The last two days I have said at most 50 sentences. Yesterday, while with my family the only words that came out were in response to direct questions. I feel as if I am in a constant daze.

Has anyone experienced this?

thing i found with antipsychotics, is that it makes the noise inside my head stop. thoughts are just way turned down.

i assume that you are on the 50mg at bedtime.. you're also on ambien?

yeah, i felt like a zombi on seroquel. even more so on zyprexa (i couldn't read). some people manage to tolerate it, so i would suggest giving it more time before you decide whether it's totally wrong or right for you.

the AP forum might be a better place for this topic. mods?

pj

(in a funk and just woke up)

my pdoc said that antipsychotics give a "blunted" effect, so people experience this kind of dulling all-around sometimes. for me, i felt like i'm even slower-witted than usual when i was taking seroquel. risperdal doesn't seem to make a difference.

edited for stupid grammer mistakes

don't be surprised if your emotions aren't affected the same way- you may feel your depression lift (may), however your other feelings may feel as blunted as your intellect. for some reason, this happened more to me on seroquel than on any of the other AAPs. i never noticed any cognitive or emotional dulling on zyprexa even, just seroquel (but seroquel gave me all sorts of bad side effects, so i guess it just doesn't work in my system).

it doesn't surprise me that you can't think of anything to say. you're on some stuff that will make you say "stuff" all the time and be kinda out of it mentally. i don't know if this will pass for you or remain.

you might want to tell your pdoc if you feel it is a problem.

When I was on it and that was only for sleep....50 mgs at bed...I too was a zombie...very very quiet ...I was taken off cause I didnt sleep so great on it anyhow but I bet that quiet crap is from the med cause it sure was with me. That and I was also never afraid..even when I should have been. Unlike MOST people...I didnt eat much on it...hardly nothing in fact

Archived