CrazyBoards.org

One is inthe hospital and who knows when she is getting out. The other one is an asshole and the relationship just deteriated over time. Now I have no one, me against the world again, on the outside looking in. These holidays are a time to spend with closests friends but will be spent in a lonely apartment alone.

sensation

I want to say

get yur butt outta the apartment

but don't know you

and...yeah well, that WOULD piss ME off if someone said it to me

so...

do you have a backup plan

or...

what are some of the funniest times you've had with just yourself?

do you enjoy art, music, aquariums, zoos?

hey even follks who seem surrounded by family

inside their heads

they may be having one bad mojo time coping...

the old I feel so alone

even in a crowd-thang

ok

I really do mean my reply to help get you thinking of a way out of your gloom

so

just reply

ok

tell me to fuck off or something even...I can take it

it's just the inet yano

you haven't lost 2 friends. one is in the hospital. she's hardly lost, just in the hospital. and the other jerk wasn't a friend anyway.

i know how you feel about being alone in your apartment. aside from going to see my grandparents with my mom for a few hours on x-mas, i've been alone. i haven't even gone to one party. and i don't have cable. kinda sad, huh?

there is a lot we can do besides just let ourselves rot. the others have some good ideas that i should try, because i'm in the same position. i don't have friends who live close by and while i see my family, i don't want to hang out with them all the time.

i also have the problem that i'm on ssdi and have a very limited budget for entertainment, so even if i want to go to a movie it is a big decision.

heads up- the holidays will be over soon and this feeling of enforced cheerfulness will pass, and allow you to focus on you and not what you're "supposed to" be doing.

This week I told her mom I was gonna come visit. Her mom called this morning and said after she told I had planned to visit that she'd rather wait til she came home. More rejection. And quite telling about our "friendship". She had no problem calling me every day and wanting to go out, or me picking her up to go out.

just from my own perspective here

I absolutely forbid visitors when I was last in a hospital

absoFNlutely didn't want anyone to see me 'like that' yano

didn't matter who the person was

I wanted to FN hide

Her dad and sister have visited her everyday, yet her sister never went out with her when she was home. It was always me who would go places with her, shows, shopping, out to eat. Her two sisters never did anything social with her. Go figure.

Is there any way you can entertain yourself?

I rented Little Miss Sunshine and I will be catching up on some work from my job. Thats if I can stay awake long enough.

• 2 weeks later...

;) Well guess who got out of the hospital. She calls like nothings changed, and I ask are you home? She says yeah, so I say "I'll call you back", but never do. Then today when I come home she leaves a message saying "I wont be going on the trip (we have a trip planned for this weekend in another state with a group of other people, and she was my roomate) maybe you can find someone else to go with you. Mind you the trip is TOMORROW. Aint this bout a bitch... I mean I already have a replacement but what the fuck is she calling me the day before talking about maybe you can find someone else. Just cause she got sick don't mean I can be treated any ole kinna way. I feel like going over ther and beatin her ass and put her back in the hospital.

Just cause you SICK doesnt absolve you from respecting other people.

;) Well guess who got out of the hospital. She calls like nothings changed, and I ask are you home? She says yeah, so I say "I'll call you back", but never do.

why didn't you call her back?

just because she didn't want you to visit her in the hospital doesn't mean she is rejecting you. i can understand only wanting to see family, or even wanting to see no one while in the hospital. i don't understand how this is a personal affront to you. she needed to take care of herself. it's better to have a friend who takes care of themselves than one who doesn't. in my experience they are more likely to be able to be good friends when they take the time to care for themselves. setting a limit for personal care isn't a rejection, it's something we should all be allowed to do.

maybe i'm misunderstanding the situation.

Then today when I come home she leaves a message saying "I wont be going on the trip (we have a trip planned for this weekend in another state with a group of other people, and she was my roomate) maybe you can find someone else to go with you. Mind you the trip is TOMORROW. Aint this bout a bitch... I mean I already have a replacement but what the fuck is she calling me the day before talking about maybe you can find someone else. Just cause she got sick don't mean I can be treated any ole kinna way. I feel like going over ther and beatin her ass and put her back in the hospital.

Just cause you SICK doesnt absolve you from respecting other people.

maybe she had concerns that she wanted to talk to you about and she was waiting for you to return her call? did you ask her why?

being sick doesn't absolve you from respecting other people, but sometimes it does limit your ability to do things.

;) If she could tell her mom that she didnt want me to visit until she got out, then she could have told her to tell me she wasn't going on the trip. This trip cost $325 and is non refundable unless you have a replacement. She has access to phones in the crazybin as well. Her dry blunt voicemail just set it off for me. I didnt return her call because I was busy, I have a life too, and it doesnt involve being her chauffeur, or the person she comes to when she wants to go out. Calling the day before the trip is no excuse.

whew

you really live up to your avatar doncha?

your 'friend' went freaking inpatient

and all you are thinking about is how it affects you

sorry, hate me if you wanna

I don't really care

but your posts sound really shallow to me...maybe there's lots more to this story

and maybe I'm just projecting

because God forbid if me or one of my kids go inpatient INSTEAD of offing ourselves

I sure hope any friends & Family might give me a little slack for awhile

;) Why would I hate you because you disagree with me? Unlike you I can disagree with a poster without attempting to insult with your "you live up to your avatar junk". This is a message board were people will post their life stories, some you will disagree with some you wont, but its juvenile to attack my point of view because you disagree.

I wholeheartedly agree with ChuUCKIT.

Your friend just got out of the hospital. She's a mess and needs time to work thru it. You can't blame her for backing out of the weekend trip even if it is the day before.

You can hate me too.

Please explain to me why I would hate you because i do things differently. You disagree with my way and soooo??? life goes on hon.

I'm pleased there's no hate 'tween us

and your avatar is cute

when I glanced at your avatar to reply the drama queen just jumped out at me

probably because I'm such a doormat myself

hoping that my honesty would help you see yourself, is all

because from my point of view

inpatient is frickin serious life changing stuff

vs your not being invited to the hospital and all the other disruptions to YOUR life

oi vay

I'll try and stay off this thread

peace and hope your friend is well and you both are given the best life has to offer

I'm pleased there's no hate 'tween us

and your avatar is cute

when I glanced at your avatar to reply the drama queen just jumped out at me

probably because I'm such a doormat myself

hoping that my honesty would help you see yourself, is all

because from my point of view

inpatient is frickin serious life changing stuff

vs your not being invited to the hospital and all the other disruptions to YOUR life

oi vay

I'll try and stay off this thread

peace and hope your friend is well and you both are given the best life has to offer

The thing is I know how I do things is harsh, in one month one of my "friends" flips out and kicks me out of their apartment like I'm a sack of trash because he didnt like the way I was nodding off at the kitchen table. I was humiliated and infuriated, and this was after the shock of the other friend being put in the hospital. And after a few weeks i told her mom I was gonna come visit and bring a gift. The next day I get a call from her mom saying she'd rather wait until she gets out for me to visit. Rejection. But no one will understand how I feel and I won't know how she felt because she doesnt share that information with me, so I can now say she wasnt really a close friend I guess. I did call her before I let for the trip and still no talk about why she was in the hospital or how she was feeling. I need a more open relationship with friends I have in the future.

Anyway thanks for listening

Archived