CrazyBoards.org

95 % says Iraq was better off before the US invasion

That doesn't surprise me a bit. I was talking to my Aunt and she was telling me that Americans lose it when they're without resources for a week much less almost every day for over three straight years. I can see how they could look back and wish for old times even though Saddam was a psycho ruler.

Lilie

i have a friend, here in the states of course, who is adament that iraq is better off now thanks to us, and that we've built schools and all of that, and that we just don't hear about it because the media likes to hype up the deaths.

i think that if we're doing anything over there besides attempting not to get ourselves bombed more, it is probably just rebuildnig what we bombed in the first place. if these people still don't have the resources they used to have, it isn't surprising that they wish, as lilie pointed out, that they had their psycho dictator and not the US occupation.

it isn't like the marshall plan where we rebuilt europe. we actually went and rebulit europe, and made friends with especially germany that way. everyone admired the US. and what are we doing in iraq? why is it taking so long to make progress? we the people here at home are sick of it because we see our tax dollars just draining away and nothing is being shown for it, and the people of iraq are sick of the occupation and would like the times of their psycho dictator once again.

sad, sad situation.

We've "partially" built a few things. The only problem is that students can't actually GET to them because of the fighting, infighting, insurgent fighting, and random chaos. So the buildings that are partially built may be nice but what good is it if you're going to get your ass shot off attempting to go to them?

lilie

i think that if we're doing anything over there besides attempting not to get ourselves bombed more,

They did not find weapons of mass destruction. And even Bush himself said the Iraq war has nothing to do with 9/11. So how is the occupation of Iraq a prevention of future bombings?

And now what? What happens to the people still there? You think they're gonna be dancing in the streets? Maybe they will-until the bombs start going off again or someone's door gets kicked in. Maybe they'll run into the arms of the American and British soldiers that they can't trust. Or maybe make peace with the insane rogues, Sunnis, Shiites, or members of Saddams Baath party. Maybe they'll now feel protected by the dishonest, corrupt cops. Maybe everyone will magically stop fighting and let Halliburton finish those multi-billion dollar projects.

Maybe...but I don't think so. Saddam has been on our radar for the last three Presidents. I'm sure he assigned his replacements long ago. Every leader has a replacement that goes all the way down the food chain. Especially those that are paranoid, sociopathic, and psychotic. One of the last things he supposedly said was "God is great. The nation will be victorious and Palestine is Arab." That worries me just a tad.

I think this is far from over especially since Bush is pondering a surge in Iraq, slapping sanctions on Iraq, has warned North Korea, and we can't come to terms with Syria.

We'll soon see.

Surge

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...001&sc=1000

Saddams last words:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n.../i072619S83.DTL

You may have to click a couple of times to get in

lilie

Archived