CrazyBoards.org

MAJOR fuck up of the psychiatric nurse

As you may remember I have ranted a lot over the last G-d knows how long about the muppet that has some how qualified as a Community Psychiatric Nurse, who I have had the misfortune of being under since 2002.

Anyways this morning in the post I finally received what I hoped were the minutes from the Care meeting that I had back in September, anyways I opened it and well

THE NOTES IN IT WERE FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which means the notes of my CPA are fuck only knows where and being read by fuck only knows who.

I phoned Unregistered when I realised as wanted advice as to what to do as I was feeling so GAH!

anyways decided as well

* my confidentiality of my care has been violated

* CPN has broken confidentiality big time

and various other things

I founjd the number of the complaints department for my local health trust, rung it and had the CPN answer it!!!!!!! he didn't realise it was me.

I am still livid and going to get this sorted.

CPN has rung numerous times

first time 'can you please post back the wrong notes'

second time 'can you shread them'

third time 'I will come and collect them'

so clearly he realises he has fucked up and is trying to cover his back

I have photo'copied the lot and envelope with his writing of my address on.

He can get lost I wont give back as its evidence.

So yeah.

Advice please guys!

x

i have to be a party pooper and say everyone's human

and this might be a good reason for personal records to only be handed over to doctor offices

or if a patient wants them to get them handed to them in person

space/flame suit on

hi RT-

i think that you should talk to a lawyer. clearly your rights have been violated. these infractions need to be brought to their attention so they can take internal measures to make sure mistakes like this do not happen again. even one infraction is one infraction too many.

i happen to like my nurse practitioner, so i probably would just complain and cry at him in his office, but you have every right in the world to talk to an attorney.

in my area, there is a group called legal aid and they provide free services. you could probably contact the bar association in your area to find any free/sliding scale services that may exist in your area. or, many lawyers provide a free consultation. you should at least know what your rights are. you may be able to sue them.

loon

i have to be a party pooper and say everyone's human

and this might be a good reason for personal records to only be handed over to doctor offices

or if a patient wants them to get them handed to them in person

space/flame suit on

Sorry chuckit, I have known RT for the last 18 months, and this asshole has it coming to him. He is not 'merely human', he is a first class, card carrying, unprofessional fuckwit who deserves everything that is coming to him.

The guy deserves everything he gets: not only does he screw up the most fundamental part of patient confidentiality, but he has the balls to ask RT to destroy the evidence to cover his ass for him???

As a "medical" person, first thing I would do is contact a lawyer--one fof those who specializes is medical malpractive, cause thats what this is. It also MUST be reportred to the Board of Nursing, or whoever liscenses the nurses in your area. It is a violation of the nursing code, and is punishable by them. DO THAT IMMEDIATELY!!!

But--please follow thru with this, cause as a nurse, this one is a loser and deserves everything the Board can throw at them. PLUS any malpractice action you can take, ASAP.

This person and maybe even the doc do not need to be in practice--its not just "oh, well, we are all human". Yes, we are human, but our JOBS are as professionals and we are expected as a MINIMUM to take professional actions, etc.

PLEASE persue this--and let me know what happens-- AND KEEP THE COPIES!! Also, write a diary sort of document, showing what happened when, what you did, the results, etc. VERY IMPT>

china

Definitely do what China says my aunt almost got a surgery she didn't need a couple months ago because someone elses notes were in there.She was going for cancer surgery for her thyroid and the other lady was going in for gallbladder surgery.Their names,initials, socials aren't even close! My Aunt reported it but I don't know what happened yet.

lilie

Guest Guest_SuperVepr_*

Definitely do what China says my aunt almost got a surgery she didn't need a couple months ago because someone elses notes were in there.She was going for cancer surgery for her thyroid and the other lady was going in for gallbladder surgery.Their names,initials, socials aren't even close! My Aunt reported it but I don't know what happened yet.

lilie

Christ! that is amazing that something like that happened. Good thing you weren't prescribed something that conflicts and got toasted. As we all know, some of these chemicals are nothing to fuck around with.

Regardless of what kind of ass this guy may be, may I note:

- RT is the one violating the other patients confidentiality by refusing to either return or destroy his records.

- The CPN did the right thing to protect the other patient by trying every way he could to get RT to return the record or destroy it, which she refuses to do. There was nothing improper.

- There has been NO violation of RT's confidentiality. Just because a her sheet is missing and substituted by the other patients, is no indication that hers has been improperly released to anyone. It could be waiting filing, shredded or in another chart.

If RT is worried about documentation, I would suggest that she return the other patients records to the CPN's supervisor and get a signed reciept that states specifically the whose record it is, and the subject matter in general terms.

Hope you get a better CPN out of this RT!

a.m.

Good points, AirMarshall.

I, for one am acutely aware of just how careful - too careful pdocs and tdocs have to be for fear of being sued or reprimanded and I feel it gets in the way of them giving me honest opinions. So when they recommend a new med to me saying that it's strongly indicated I'm never sure if they are really recommending it and think it's right for me or they are just covering their asses. They can't trust me and I can't trust them and they are ultra-careful to the point that I don't feel they are relating to me as the unique individual that I am. They are just saying and doing what is legally safe for them to do.

I'm sure RT will pitch in at some point, but to address AM's points, there was a feeling that without the evidence, the whole thing would be quietly forgotten about. A receipt from the supervisor was a good call, BTW. Anyway, I understand that there had been many other complaints about the guy, and he is now fired.

Archived