CrazyBoards.org

All Alone on New Year's Eve

hiya-

i have to admit that i'm going to be all alone tonight when the ball drops. everyone else i know has plans with their SO or something and i don't have anyone. it is depressing. i feel so lame. i'm thinking of going to a neighborhood bar just to have a drink and be around people, even strangers, so i'm not alone when the year changes. something about being alone when the year changes feels wrong to me. there have been way too many years like this, where i don't have anyone to share the new year with, or my SO is working (i used to date a newspaper photographer who had to work on NY eve).

are any of you in my position?

thanks blackbird!!! :) this is where i'll be most likely. either here or in bed! lol. and if i do drink, it can't be more than one, because of all the meds, especially the adderall (BAD booze interaction there!). oh well ;) i guess i'm doomed to having no fun.

but out with the old and in with the new! i've already started on my resolutions.

but i feel like spending money that i don't have...BAD!!!

i have been there. actually was until 2p this afternoon, but have been for the last 4 years. aagh! and i don't really feel like going! or, just don't to make the effort, but would have fun if did.

sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

sounds like you won't be able to drink either. so, keeps you out of trouble. i wish i had bought some beer yesterday. can't today. probably would make staying home fun! at least i would only make a fool of myself in front of my parents.

how would you do if you went to a local bar? may meet people to hang out with next year.

don't be so hard on yourself if you don't go out. will be more refreshed to start the new year sober for your "resolutions".

gotta run,

best of luck,

kathy

my ex bf (ex bf #1, not the latest one) just sent me a text telling me he misses me- i hope he's not planning on trying to hook up or something, because i'd rather be here alone wtih my delicious rum and coke (which i will drink modestly through the night i've decided) than with him!

he probably has to work anyway. he's a photographer and is usually busy on new year's eve. but he 'misses me'.

why tonight?

give me my rum and coke. i'm hanging out on the internet, which i guess on the last night of the year is probably a safer place to be than on the streets with drunk people! at least, that's what i keep telling myself so i don't feel like The World's Biggest Loser!

i'm 22 and stuck at home with my parents, too. all my friends ditched me this year - feels great, if you're wondering. but yeah, i'll most likely be kicking around the boards when the ball drops, so feel free to post and commiserate.

I think I win: I'm alone, in the basement, having a panic attack.

ha, it sounds worse than it is. I'm okay, and in a little while I'll probably go up and drink with my parents.

and at least the majority of you posting _could_ go to a bar or something. I'm 15, they wouldn't even let me in. there's an awesome clubbing section downtown, and I would love to go with some friends, but... nope.

self pity over. have a good new year, everyone. <3

well, i don't think my sore throat and fever should be out partying!! so i bought some fizzy water (i love Perrier), some sushi and brie, and am watching The Producers. what i really want to watch is Mythbusters, for some reason.

Yeah - another New Years at home alone in my little apt. This year I made sure to keep the TV and radio turned _off_ - to avoid the reminders. Anyways, of the past 10 years, I've probably spent 7 or 8 of them on my own,

trying not to think about the parties going on in town ...

I work at a Uni, and pretty much everything is shut down from just before X-mas until after New Years - it's really weird, my neighborhood is sort of ghostly quiet for that 10 days or so ... I wouldn't call it any _more_ lonely than the rest of the year, but maybe a different kind of loneliness ... more grey & empty, less tense, I guess.

Anyways, I'm glad to see 2006 go - what a craptacular year.

i loved the producers!

it's SPRINGtime for HITler!!!!

*giggles*

we ordered in chinese, watched the simpsons, family guy, and american dad. now i'm catching up puter stuff and then i'm GOING TO BED! woohoo! it's nine thirty.

abi

I was almost going to be alone, had no plans. But my daughter came over in the end, as her on/off boyfriend had passed out on the couch. She left just after midnight. Glad though that I wasn't alone in the end.

I then had a bit of an accident, I fell out of bed as I was getting in, slipped on the blankets that were half hanging down on the floor. Now my back and side hurt quite badly, I won't be surprised if I come up with a big fat bruise. Nice way to start the new year :-(

Stupid thing is that is the second time I've fallen out of bed as I was getting in, first time I landed on my knee. This time its much worse :-(

we ordered in chinese, watched the simpsons, family guy, and american dad. now i'm catching up puter stuff and then i'm GOING TO BED! woohoo! it's nine thirty.

abi

omg abifae, we did the same thing for new years eve. stayed home, no booze, watched the SAME three shows (how funny is that?), ate ice cream, and went to bed at nine thirty as well. how old do YOU feel? i felt about ninety for awhile, then i felt better after coming here and seeing i wasn't alone ;) i just can't believe that at 36 this is what my life has become LOL.

Loon, i hope your night was peaceful and pleasant.

happy new year all.

well, i ended up giving in to ex bf #1's invitation to go to his place, under the condition that he keep his hands to himself....

i guess something wasn't kept to himself, because i woke up with him this morning! and yes, i was (mostly) sober because of my meds. so was he.

so he isn't an ex anymore. ;)

i ended up with company! yeee-haw!

happy 2007!

Archived