CrazyBoards.org

Hi all

I know with some meds metabolized in the liver, your body gets better at processing them as time goes on, requiring an eventual dosage increase. Is this the case with Lamictal, or can I expect to sit tight at my level (more or less) indefinitely?

Thanks team

K

Hi all

I know with some meds metabolized in the liver, your body gets better at processing them as time goes on, requiring an eventual dosage increase. Is this the case with Lamictal, or can I expect to sit tight at my level (more or less) indefinitely?

Thanks team

K

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From reading the PI sheet, I see much mention of interactions with enzyme-inducing anti-epileptic drugs (EIAEDs). When they say "enzymes," they mean liver enzymes.

The main anticonvulsants page did not list Lamictal under Enzyme-Inducing Anti-Epileptic Drugs.

Anyway, the UGTs are responsible for dealing with booze, sugars and fats.  This is why certain foods mess with Lamictal.

Jerod, is that why some people on lamictal seem to develop a much higher alcohol tolerance? I'm assuming that the increased UGT from Lamictal mops the stuff up faster than normal.

• 6 years later...

I just stumbled on this thread while googling. I was wondering why - even though I never drink - I wasn't able to get drunk with eight shots of gin tonight. lol. Now I know why.

First, you are responding to a post written 6+ years ago.

Secondly, the aim of this thread is not to take a guess at how much you can drink. 8 shots is nuts, whether you are on medication or not. If you are on Lamictal, you are being even more irresponsible, and endangering yourself even more. You lowered your seizure threshold significantly.

If it is that important to you to get a buzz, you might want to check out our addiction forum.

Archived