CrazyBoards.org

Panic/Tightness

for the past couple of weeks i have had a panic attack were your chest tightens up and one side of my neck gets tight as well it has become very aggervating and it makes my mind go crazy and i am drivin along with it as well ... i do hope people have delt with this features as well so they can provde input

any help would be welcome

for the past couple of weeks i have had a panic attack were your chest tightens up and one side of my neck gets tight as well it has become very aggervating and it makes my mind go crazy and i am drivin along with it as well ... i do hope people have delt with this features as well so they can provde input

any help would be welcome

Kharama, panc attacks are not much fun and having panic disorder, which involves frequent unprovoked attacks is a nightmare. Ive been there done that. I still get them sometimes.

There are 3 pathways to management of panic attacks as far as Im aware:

1) Yoga & meditation

2) Cognitive behavioural therapy either by a clinical psychologist, psychiatrist or self help book

3) Medication

Generally all three provide the best solution but everyone responds differently to the different types of treatment.

I personally am prescribed valium for panic attacks and anxiety, but I have also been through CBT with a psychologist and done the self help course.

Hope this helps get you started and keep posting.

Chimp

well i do take clonopin for panic moments as well as see my p doc and my shrink .. and we go through the A to Z of therapy .. and such but there still workin on tryin to figure out what all is wrong with me so i feel like a lab rat trapped between a sheet of glass and freedom ...

i mean they just finished the ocd test on me and there gonna run other tests on me to get proper diagnoses from the dsm4 which is a look of stuff i dont understand but oh well i guess.

thats for the imput

Archived