Celexa or Zoloft

Guest teek30

Guest teek30

has anyone here had any input, 1st or 2nd hand regarding weight gain problems between Celexa and Zoloft? Better luck with one than the other?

Thanks in advance

I was on Celexa *and* Zoloft...

I am one of those people who did gain weight on these drugs... and for that, I hate them immensely!

Just because it happened to me, though, doesn't mean that it will happen to you.  Everyone is different, ya know?  You don't know until you try...

Good luck

~Ophelia

The stats at a high level are that all ssri's have a 2-3% chance of significant weight gain, with paxil the worst at 4-5%.

Prozac is probably the lowest at around 1-2%.

It varies from person to person, so one person might gain weight on zoloft but not on celexa, and vice versa.

Unfortunately there is only one way to find out.

Guest Guest

has anyone here had any input, 1st or 2nd hand regarding weight gain problems between Celexa and Zoloft? Better luck with one than the other?

Thanks in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Guest

Hey -

When I was on Zoloft I maintained pretty much my same weight - did not notice any big difference one way or the other ... but ever since I've been on Wellbutrin

I have dropped weight like crazy - I'm eating like a pig and not gaining a thing.

Unfortunately I don't know that it's really helping me feel better, in fact i think it's making me more easily aggitated and angry, but former eating disorder freak that I am - I never want to stop taking it now because of the weight loss perks.

;)

As a side note - Paxil made me blow up weight wise big time. I think that one was the worst. 

Archived