CrazyBoards.org

when i switched from traditional 2 hormone pills to the 1 hormone pill Micronor, no one ever told me a few vital pieces of information.

for one, with normal bc pills, you have that 7 day period where the pills are just placeholders and they're not active. i thought the same was true with these micronor pills, so i'd been throwing away those pills. but they're actually active, and i should take them, otherwise the pill isn't protecting me! so, it is a lot of good to take it all of the rest of the time and then just stop for a week during a time when i should be taking it! but no one ever told me there was a difference.

and then the amenorrhea. with regular bc pills, you'll have this side effect, and it isn't a problem. i did a little digging on micronor after i found out about the active pill thing, just to make sure that i wasn't missing anything else, and found out that this amenorrhea is a "rare and serious" side effect and needs to be evaluated right away by my doctor! i've had this going on for over 4 months!

first they have to rule out pregnancy. well, i'd know it if i were pregnant (when i'm pregnant i can't get out of bed without klonopin), so we can rule that out already. it is just from the pill.

has anyone else had this experience?

• 1 year later...
Guest happy happy rage cry

"...found out that this amenorrhea is a "rare and serious" side effect and needs to be evaluated right away by my doctor! "

I had no idea that was a rare side effect either. Thought that was normal with these pills?? Since they are the same hormone as depo-provera right?

I have been irregular - absent since i started them about a year ago.

Archived