CrazyBoards.org

Intro to igloo

Here's an intro because I've discovered that it really helps me to read all the experience on these pages!

Igloo really is my nickname, picked it up in Germany (long story) and it suits the Minnesota winters here and the feeling in my head most of the time lately.  I've had mild depression off/on all my life with a ton of other stuff - some good, some bad and a lot of it associated with childhood & family history. 

Last few years have been non-ending stress and didn't even realize how bad I'd become until I told boss at work, 'just replace me, I don't f*&^ing care'.  Since I have a decent job, I went for help as soon as I realized what I said (which took two days), made emotional ass of myself in public (not normally me) and diagnosed with MDD....probably been there for 6 months to a year and everyone's been making excuses for me because most know the nature of the stress (my daughter has mental health issues and only 10...been a wild ride last 5 years).  I made excuses too...denial works that way and alchol was another escape.  Still on trial/error for med cocktail because of other medical issues but have mostly come out of the depths after 8 weeks treatment.  In for the long haul to try & make sure this doesn't happen again or at least not this bad.  Have good GP, good pdoc but avoiding tdoc that I already know at the moment because just not ready for the next step...but I will be and then it'll be a weekly visit because I realize now that I need the help. 

I really, really appreciate the amount of info shared on this board and how REAL it feels.  I have great friends to hang out with but if they haven't lived it, they just don't get it and I hate it when they go all quiet and freaked out on you.

Igloo,

So glad you are here. Hope you find a comfortable spot amongst us. I know about the employment issue. I did something very similar which has eventually landed me on disability. But, I wanted to say welcome and that you are amongst your own now.

Sondra

;)

Guest PinkToo2grrl

Welcome Igloo!

I'm so glad for you that you've identified your problems and begun the path to healing and wellness.  When you're ready to take the next step into therapy, you'll know.  You sound like you have a good handle on an otherwise bad situation, and I wish you nothing but success in your journey!

Pinky

Thanks Pinky & Sondra! 

This forum has been great for me - logically, I know we're not the only ones with these issues, but it sure helps to 'hear' it first hand from others with some similar experiences.

Igloo

Archived