CrazyBoards.org

Zyprexa+wellbutrin+klonopin+lamictal

I am on 7.5mg zyprexa, 150mg wellbutrin(going up to 300mg), .5 x2 klonopin, and 25mg lamictal (titrating up to 200mg). What effect is this going to have on my liver? I am worried about the long term effects of being on all these meds. Has anybody had any experience with this? I am going to have blood work done as soon as I can work up the nerve, just to find out where I'm standing. Are there any preventative measures I could do to protect myself from liver damage? Am I just obsessing over nothing? Anyway, thanks.

I think the best thing is to try and stay on the lowest possible maintanence/therapeutic dose of all your meds, yes your liver is important but so is your mental health.

Milk thistle is apparently a good way to help if you are taking meds which are metabolized by the liver. You have to be careful with milk thistle though, there was a thread about it on the old boards. I think the thing with milk thistle is that it could boost the dosage of the med/s you are taking, or something along those lines. Someone with a bit more knowledge could be of help here. ;)

Wellbutrin and Zyprexa do work your liver pretty hard. If you are concerned I would bring it up with your pdoc, if you haven't already, and ask for blood work to keep an eye on any effects the mix may be having. Blood tests are a pain but if you are worried enough about the combination on your liver going with periodic blood liver screeenings could put you more at ease as well as catching any potentialy negative effects on your liver. I agree that ist is best to sstart off on smaller dosages at first. 

I have been on Zyprexa 10mg, klonopin 1 mg TID, and at one time also had Wellbutrin XL 300mg in th mix. I have not had any liver enzyme tests specifically for this combination, while on these meds and my pdoc is pretty good about getting pre-blood workups as well as monitoring. There may be some effect if you are a fast or slow metabolizer. For more info about effects on metabolizing differences and some meds read Jerod's info on metabolizing

Erika

Archived