CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
HaloGirl66

LUNESTA - News, Reviews and Questions

If youve taken ambien for awhile and then try to go to lunesta you will probably be dissapointed. If you want something that is basically gonna body slam your ass into sleep, then ambien is for you. If you have mild to moderate insomnia and need something to give you that gentle push into sleepy bye land then lunesta is for you. I take my lunesta an hour before bed because that how long it took for it to kick in. With ambien I had better been in bed within 15 minutes with my eyes shut or I was in danger of having a very interesting conversation with JFK.

Ambien=A 10 pound sledge hammer

Lunesta=A rubber mallet

Everybody is different. Personally I just cant do ambien. Besides the hallucinations, it leaves me terribly groggy and markedly more depressed the next day. Lunesta is much better for me. I'm not even bothered by the taste anymore. I actually look forward to it at night because when the taste comes on I know I'm about to go nighty night.

If youve taken ambien for awhile and then try to go to lunesta you will probably be dissapointed. If you want something that is basically gonna body slam your ass into sleep, then ambien is for you. If you have mild to moderate insomnia and need something to give you that gentle push into sleepy bye land then lunesta is for you. I take my lunesta an hour before bed because that how long it took for it to kick in. With ambien I had better been in bed within 15 minutes with my eyes shut or I was in danger of having a very interesting conversation with JFK.

Ambien=A 10 pound sledge hammer

Lunesta=A rubber mallet

Everybody is different. Personally I just cant do ambien. Besides the hallucinations, it leaves me terribly groggy and markedly more depressed the next day. Lunesta is much better for me. I'm not even bothered by the taste anymore. I actually look forward to it at night because when the taste comes on I know I'm about to go nighty night.

I'd say this is a great analogy for a lot of people. Unfortunately for me, even to 10 pound sledge hammer of Ambien just doesn't do much!

Guest Chakka

Well, it's 3:05 and guess who's NOT sleeping. I've been reading all these threads and finally decided I just had to post. I started taking Ambien 10mgs about a month ago. I took it for 3 weeks and it did make me fall asleep but the next day I felt like I was going to throw up and I was sort of dizzy and stupid, I just felt so bad on it I had to quit, even though I loved the sleep. Oh..and by the way, Ambien did not make me feel "high" but if I did wake up I would wonder around the house kind of in a fog and not really remember it entirely the next morning.

So after that my doc gave me a script for Lunesta 3mgs. It works great most of the time, but I cannot stress how important it is to take it when you lay down, not before. Tonight, like a dummy, I took and it then got busy doing something else and now I am wired for sound. Also, for everyone who has said it makes your mouth taste horrible, they are correct. It makes your mouth taste like doo doo and metal (strange combo) the taste happens about 25 mins after I take it, like clock work.

So, all in all my experience with Ambien was not as good as my experience with Lunesta.. Ambien made me feel so bad it was better to stay awake all night.

Whew...I would never have the time during the day to type all this!!! Hope it helps someone.

Chakka~

Guest Paprika

seroquel worked for a while but wore off.

ambien made me puke and hallucinate about satan.

lunesta seems to me working but for like an hour after i feel it kick in im in a high like stance.(which i am in right now. this is taking forever to write) ive never done drugs but im guessing this is what it feels like. also, ive never had the bad taste in my mouth:)