CrazyBoards.org

I really don't know where to begin with this.  Right now, I'm pretty sick.  Diabetes does run in our family, so this very well might be the very beginning of this wonderful disease.

While being with my best friend today.  I couldn't quench my thirst.  I drank so much water, you'd think I'd float away all the way to the Atlantic from all the water I drank today.  I got sick, tired, irritated, depressed, fell asleep, and when I woke up, my hands and feet where tingling, my mouth felt fuzzy, I saw trails and halos around everything...still do...and of course, because my friend didn't have anything to eat in the house, I hadn't had anything to eat in 24 hours.  I'm sure this has something to do with low blood sugar, but I can't be absolutely sure, because I didn't have any way of checking it.

I packed my stuff up, came home, made myself a sandwhich and I'm still feeling nauseated, I'm still seeing trails and halos, and these confounded pins and needles thing just won't go away!  My mother and her twin sister are both diabetics and I've seen what happens to them when their blood sugar drops to the danger levels.  I'd call my mother right now, but it's after midnight.  I don't have any kind of sweet stuff around the house because I'm trying to lose weight.  Right now, I'm so tired and worn out, I'm just going to go and attempt to get some more sleep.

Could this be my meds or could this be the early stages of diabetes?  I know no one on here is a pro and can't diagnose me.  I'm just at a loss right now.  I'm really depressed.  I have an eating disorder and tend to only eat when necessary, because I fear of gaining more weight.  *cries*  What next???

Maybe my lack of sleep is just getting to me.  I have no clue!  I did actually sleep more than four hours for the past three nights.  I hope my mania is finally coming at an end.  This just worries me.  I just don't want another disease to add to all the rest of my stupid problems.

Elizabeth...one very depressed cookie *wish I had some...if this has anything to do with low blood sugar, I'd be munching on those and know that this will pass*

Could this be my meds or could this be the early stages of diabetes?  I know no one on here is a pro and can't diagnose me.  I'm just at a loss right now.  I'm really depressed.  I have an eating disorder and tend to only eat when necessary, because I fear of gaining more weight.  *cries*  What next???

Maybe my lack of sleep is just getting to me.  I have no clue!  I did actually sleep more than four hours for the past three nights.  I hope my mania is finally coming at an end.  This just worries me.  I just don't want another disease to add to all the rest of my stupid problems.

Elizabeth...one very depressed cookie *wish I had some...if this has anything to do with low blood sugar, I'd be munching on those and know that this will pass*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do know that Topamax was originally designed to be an oral hypoglycemic. They're used to treat Type II diabetes.

It's my understanding that hypoglycemia is something you see in tightly controlled diabetes, and that uncontrolled diabetics have the exact opposite problem--hyperglycemia.

I know this seems kind of obvious, but I had to check, and it says here that:

Topiramate can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), especially in children.

Edit: It looks like hypoglycemia can happen to people who don't have tightly controlled diabetes.

Elizabeth:

I'm not a doctor, but it's not good that you're seeing halos around things.  Untreated diabetes can do bad things to your eyes--please get yourself to the doctor and get checked out.  And tell him/her about the halos.  Please, please--like tomorrow!  I wish I had been around earlier today to see this.

Please post again so we know how you are.

olga

After I ate and went to sleep, I woke up and didn't see the halos or trails.  My stupid Pdoc changed my appt. from tomorrow *Thursday* to the end of July.  Jackass!  So, now I have to call my family doctor and have this checked out.  Damn I really do hate that Pdoc of mine.

Anyway, I've had some fasting blood sugars done in the past and the results are borderline diabetic.  I have been doing the diet thing to treat it.  So this very well might be a diabetic thing.  Ah...the great and wonderful joys of Diabetes lurk so close and yet I am NOT ready to deal with this shit yet.  I already have too much going on in my mind and body to deal with.  Why NOW?

I'm sure my anorexic friend has a lot to do with this because he didn't have a damn thing in the house to eat while I was there for the entire day.  *sighs*  I'm so surprised he didn't even have his so-called stocked up supplies of candy like he always does.  I love him so much, but it really hurt my feelings.  I'm risking saying this because he's a member of this board, but hasn't yet posted anything because he's afraid to.  Well, if you read this Silver...I'm sorry.

I'm exhausted.  I'm going through a rapid cycling mode right now and I just want to go to my room and cry my head off and hope that sleep will come and when I wake up, everything will be okay.  I just love my false sense of escape at times.  Makes me sick to think that everything will be okay when I wake up.  *smirks*

Not to worry, Olga, I will call my doctor and express my worry.  At least my family doctor won't screw around with my physical health.  Can't say that about my mental doctor.  He seems to do this EVERY single time I have an appt.  Even if I'm having a fucking crisis.  Which is NOW!  Did I mention how much I hate him?  Oh, yeah...like several times.  Forgive the foul language.  That man sure does know how to bring out the potty mouth in me.

Elizabeth

Okay, I know this can't be anything to do with blood sugars now, because I just woke up and came downstairs to turn off the computer and feed the kitties their bedtime snack and I'm seeing trails again.  I'm not seeing halos or auras around things but the trails things is really starting to get to me.  What I'm wondering is, because I used to do bad stuff back several years ago, could this possibly be flashbacks?  And when I mean bad things, yes, I was stupid, and yes I did things such as acid and ecstacy.  When I was in high school, I used to huff rubber cement.  God, that was so hard for me to confess.  Could this possibly be flashbacks???

How stupid of me!  I can only tell you I did these things because of I hated my life at home with my mother (the glue huffing part--high school), and the acid and ecstacy was due because I was trying to escape reality of my divorce from my husband.

Now that I'm more awake, they're going away.  Maybe I'm just spazzing out over nothing.  I just don't know anymore.  When I would have my anxiety attacks, which it's been quite awhile, knock on wood, I would see trails, halos, auras, you name it.  Could all this be related?  Like I said before, I know no one on here are pros, but maybe you've had the same thing happened to you at one point or another.  The only mental meds I'm on are Topamax and Klonopin.  Both of which I've been on for quite sometime now, so I don't think they really have anything to do with this.  And as for the rest of my meds, I've been on them since I was 19.  *shakes head*  I really think this does have something to do with my stupidity of my drug use from back in high school and back in 1999 through 2001 when I just couldn't face the reality of my divorce.  I feel really stupid for what I did and sometimes wonder if I didn't bring on all this mental crap onto myself.  But I know for a fact that mental illness does run in our family, so sooner or later, I'm sure I would have been the one that it would have hit first out of my younger sister and me. 

My mother abused me more than my sister.  My bipolar grandfather abused me and my sister never really knew him.  When you look at me compaired to my sister, you can see that I'm look more like my father than my mother...and it's my father's side that has the mental illness.  Granted my sister does have depression and takes something for it, but she's not as "wacko" as me.  She's got her head on her shoulders, so to speak. 

I should be writing this in my "Welcome To My World" and not here.  Sorry guys.  Since I just woke up, I'm not really thinking clearly.  Maybe I will open up my Microsoft Word and do just that.  I dunno.

First things first....wiggle your big toe...just kidding...I need to empty that litter pan.

Elizabeth

• 2 months later...

Archived