CrazyBoards.org

had a disturbing dream...

OK, dreams normally don't disturb me much, but last night I had one that I can't shake off.  First off here's my history on seizures.

About 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with seizures, I -think- it was Grand Mal, but they weren't that violent (Grand Mal is one of the most violent, is it not?) but then again this was a long time ago.  Was on tegretol for a few years and have been seizure free for almost 10 years.  I last had an EEG last year during a sleep study.  The last time I had one for seizure related readings was.....probably close to 10 years ago.

Anyways, last night I was dreaming as usual, and my dreams are very vivid.  I started dreaming that I was having seizures again.  But these seizures were caused by eating those yummy gummy worms you see in candy stores.  I would sort of zone out, shake a little, and then take some tegretol and stuff was a-ok.  But for some reason, I kept eating the worms so therefore I kept seizing.  Yeah it was a dream, so I dunno why.

Though I am concerned that I was REALLY have seizures during this dream.  I don't know why.....but I am.  I am not currently seeing a neurologist, as the last one I went to was in Baltimore a few years ago, and was for nerve stuff and not because of seizures.

Am I getting hyped up for nothing, or could my hunch be legit?  I sometimes tend to be sort of a hypocondriac, so I thought I'd ask here before telling my mom about it.

When I dream Im having seizures, I am ACTUALLY having seizures , but this might not hold true for everyone...Im a known freak.

Did you wake up sore? Hangoverish? If you're really concerned, having it checked out wont hurt especially as you have a history of seizures.

Kassiane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well......I always wake up that way.  But lately I have more than usual.

If it persists, I will get it checked out, but right now, it's just a bad time if I'm not sure.

Well......I always wake up that way.  But lately I have more than usual.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Time to make an appointment with your neurologist.  Extremely vivid dreams, waking up sore and hungover for no appartent reason - these are indications of nocturnal seizures.

Just because it's your normal state of being doesn't mean it's healthy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn.  Guess I will tell my mom when she gets back. ;o;

Thanks.

Archived